Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a air box eliminator kit? i keep hearing bout them and i never seen them before. if anyone can post a pic that would be great :3question:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way, but its kinda of self explanatory. Its a kit that allows you to remove your stock airbox and run without it. Basically an adapter that connects to the carb boots, then your pro flow filter connects to that. You should also have a pre-filter. I thought about it, but in Pa its not real practical because of all the water and mud. Now if I lived Cali it would be a totally different story.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i knew what it meant when it said, "airbox eliminator kit" the only thing i wanted to know is what it came with in the kit. where could i get one?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just bought one on Ebay for 120.. It comes with a billet bracket to get rid of the air box,a k&n filter with clamps, outerwear, and a recharge kit for the filter....

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
bgmac said:
Here is a picture of forum member "FARAWAY" air box eliminator
Does Anyone know which filters these are...? part #...etc...?

Thx

A

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a setup like this. Mine is just one big k&n, not the two banshee k&n. It works great, and the one maddog posted is a great deal ($76 i think). As long as you don't ride through a lot of heavy mud and water, air box elmination is the best way to go.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Maddog56 said:
this is the one i just starting using. i like it because it does away with all the tubes. but i was surprised at how poor it fits. very hard to get the clear tubes to go over the carbs, it seems like they are spaced apart wrong. and the tubes for the carb slides dont line up very well. but once you get it on there, there isnt any more problems. all in all i am very happy with it and would recomend it to someone else

·
Registered
173 Posts
Ive heard those work great, i would run them but all i have is mud here, i think there called pods

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where i can buy the same kit of pic?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Scoutdriver said:
i'm also thinking about getting one of these kits, or perhaps take the lid off the box. if I did either, would I have to re-jet?
yes, but there is a cheaper way of doing this just take out the air box and cut what u dont need
i dont have a air box and it didnt cost me a thing i can post a pic if anyone wants. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts