Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start by saying, my 700 will remain virgin when it comes to engine. I would like to gain as much Hp and top speed as possible, through bolt ons. That being said, I have ordered my Barker dual exhaust, and will be ordering my PC III very soon. Or Two brothers, haven't much decided yet which one. I would like to know, who makes some of the best air boxes, filters, and intakes? How do these CFM parts stack up to the competition? They claim to be pretty good, but I would like the set-up that brings maximum Hp and Mph!!!

http://www.cfmperformanceatv.com/raptor700propg.html

If they are all about the same, I may just go with the CFM items, they seem well built, light weight, and affordable. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd also like to add, that I will most likely, no definately going with "no lid" on the air box.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Barker Duals
FCI with box
PC3 or 5
Dynatek Prog. with DL Curves
And some HP and Torque Stickers :metal:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Barker Duals
FCI with box
PC3 or 5
Dynatek Prog. with DL Curves
And some HP and Torque Stickers :metal:
I second that but a cam like a hotcam 2 would be easy to install and get you a little more horsepower and more responsive. Later on put a +3 throttle body with a custom dyno tune and you would be set for a while. You always want more power after all that. But wait on buying a pc3 or 5 until new pc5 with ignition comes out will save you from buying a separate ignition later.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I second that but a cam like a hotcam 2 would be easy to install and get you a little more horsepower and more responsive. Later on put a +3 throttle body with a custom dyno tune and you would be set for a while. You always want more power after all that. But wait on buying a pc3 or 5 until new pc5 with ignition comes out will save you from buying a separate ignition later.
I would of said a Hotcam stage 3 and +3TB and maby even i drop in piston but he said he wants to keep the engine a virgin :(

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone got a FCI link? FCI with box, is sort of foreign to me. Also, I would like to change the gearing. It's stock now, so I believe its 14 up front, and positive its 38 on rear. Who makes the best throttle body, and does anyone have any experience with the CFM parts I provided the link for?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, I'm open to a cam. I believe thats a milder move for the engine as opposed to bores & strokes. Would the hotcam stage III be too much for my set-up plans?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
TQSATV.com or KBMotorsportsonline.com has the FCI

At TQS enter the code FCI with only the FCI in your shopping cart and you will recive a discount or if you get the big 3 (Barkers, PC5, FCI) you will save money to just by getting all those in a package.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
:turbo1:Also for got the turbo kits are bolt on's, most power you can get and you wont have to upgrade in the future.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a close to new Team Rocket Factory intake that I am willing to sell for $50. Will send pics if you are interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts