Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will you actually make hp gains when removing your air box lid with basic three mods? I have heard mixed feedback. Some people have told me that with the newer atvs the air boxes actually create a ventury and removing the lid is uneffective. :feedback:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Its been proven on a dyno that it does add hp if you retune afterwards.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Teraflx said:
where?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Duane said:
Teraflx said:
where?
Ive seen quite a few dyno's with it done. try searching.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Not sure about the gains, but, LTE dyno's with the lid off.... so when I did the 3 mods and hooked up the duals I leave it off so everything is constant with how they did it. :thumbsup: Gain or no gain, they set the tfi with k&n, lid off - so that's why I do it.... if I had a $100 to burn I'd prolly get the lid. :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
If you are a doubter, leave it on! When I did my first 3 mods I left the lid on. I did have a gain but was very unsatisfied. I took the lid off and BAM, huge difference for me. This information and anything you might possibly want to know about airboxes, lids, etc, etc is already here. The search function works wonderful or you can even just scroll through several pages of posts and you will find all kinds of stuff. Bottomline though you can test this yourself. Do your mods, leave your lid on and then test with it off. Anybody that told you that airbox stuff doesn't know jack about Raptors or pretty much any modern ATV. If you cannot pressurize the box, like with ram air on crotchrockets, then you cannot get the venturi effect. Our airboxes are not pressurized. Hope that clears it up a little for you.

Craig,

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
NVMYRC said:
If you are a doubter, leave it on! When I did my first 3 mods I left the lid on. I did have a gain but was very unsatisfied. I took the lid off and BAM, huge difference for me. This information and anything you might possibly want to know about airboxes, lids, etc, etc is already here. The search function works wonderful or you can even just scroll through several pages of posts and you will find all kinds of stuff. Bottomline though you can test this yourself. Do your mods, leave your lid on and then test with it off. Anybody that told you that airbox stuff doesn't know jack about Raptors or pretty much any modern ATV. If you cannot pressurize the box, like with ram air on crotchrockets, then you cannot get the venturi effect. Our airboxes are not pressurized. Hope that clears it up a little for you.

Craig,
Excellent post !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: The more air the better !! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
241 Posts
More air = more fuel = more power its that simple just run the right map

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the input :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts