Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched high and low, and can't find anything on the mod other than people mentioning it. What exactly is done? And can someone please post a picture of the mod. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The air box mod I did worked fine but wasn't up to my standards with what I wanted. So I put a k&n filter on it ( part number RU-0175). Changed the jetting around some (47.5 pilot and 105 main) and I'm very happy with the results. Got the Jets from www.jetsrus.com and don't look for them under thier search cause it's gave me the wrong carb, look under Teikei carbs. Hope this helps everyone else out cause I couldn't find anything when I looked lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also ordered a outerwear for the air filter. Don't remember the part number I simply called them and told them what air filter I was getting and they had one that was made for it.

·
Super Moderator
7,761 Posts
Wow, thanks for that follow up. Great pics too to show exactly what needs to happen!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
A lot of companies sell vents you can install in your air box. You drill out the required size hole and the little mesh screens pop in. But In your case I think the holes are a little big. So I think if you cleaned up around the holes real nice and just got some screen for a window and cut out a square to cover the hole from the inside, you could glue it in place with some silicone or epoxy of some sort. It will help keep out the extra debris.

I just removed my lid, I have too much water and mud where I live to do anything else to the air box.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A lot of companies sell vents you can install in your air box. You drill out the required size hole and the little mesh screens pop in. But In your case I think the holes are a little big. So I think if you cleaned up around the holes real nice and just got some screen for a window and cut out a square to cover the hole from the inside, you could glue it in place with some silicone or epoxy of some sort. It will help keep out the extra debris.

I just removed my lid, I have too much water and mud where I live to do anything else to the air box.
The holes are 1", my original plan was to use those vents. They said they to drill 1" holes for them. Where I drilled the holes the air still has to go thru the filter so I didn't buy them. But yeah it would've been the same as just taking off the lid like you.

Same here with the mud that's why I bought a outerwear for it. Thinking about making some sort of snorkel kit for it just to get the filter up higher in the air.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts