1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Just looking at the lines and welds from the tiny low resolution e-bay picture I can tell you it looks like crap.

I can also say that the way that the stock air filter mounts to the OEM airbox is a terrible design, and this airbox uses that same design with the addition of a clamp.

I believe the OEM airbox used 4 mounting points, is that correct? This one is significantly heavier and uses only 2.

There also appears to be no drainage hole, a big problem IMO.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Price good....... Quality bad! I could make something out of tin foil that would probably hold up better then that. :eek:

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Item is from poland. Not sure how mainstream quads are over there or how their interpretation of the fundamentals are in dealing with quads, but it looks to be as if someones trying to make a quick dollar.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree low quality. Will stay away from. Thanks

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Maddog56 said:
I believe the OEM airbox used 4 mounting points, is that correct? This one is significantly heavier and uses only 2.
Two bolts down into the sub frame at the back of the box and two pins molded onto the airbox pointed at the carbs.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
raptormich said:
I agree low quality. Will stay away from. Thanks
At the same time he has 100% feedback all from items he sold that are similair to this one like ariboxes for the raptor 700, 660 oil tanks, and other air boxes for other bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts