Raptor Forum banner

air box

883 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LODO 
#1 ·
i run w/ my air box lid on .. if i take it off will i see any power gain and if i do take it off dont i run a bigger chance of sucking some dirt/sand in my motor

#3 ·
02yamrap said:
i run w/ my air box lid on .. if i take it off will i see any power gain and if i do take it off dont i run a bigger chance of sucking some dirt/sand in my motor
Power gains, yes definately as the stock setup is very restrictive.

Increased chance of dirt in the airbox, yes. Increased chance of dirt getting past the filter, yes but the filters do very well and the vast majority of people don't have any issues with this setup, especially with outerwears. The only time I wouldn't suggest removing the lid is if you routinely ride in deep water or in extremely fine dusty conditions and don't mind the lack of power. Worst I've come acrossed is filters getting dirtier faster but only when in very fine dusty conditions.

#4 ·
Maddog56 said:
02yamrap said:
Power gains, yes definately as the stock setup is very restrictive.

Increased chance of dirt in the airbox, yes. Increased chance of dirt getting past the filter, yes but the filters do very well and the vast majority of people don't have any issues with this setup, especially with outerwears. The only time I wouldn't suggest removing the lid is if you routinely ride in deep water or in extremely fine dusty conditions and don't mind the lack of power. Worst I've come acrossed is filters getting dirtier faster but only when in very fine dusty conditions.
but when you clean them and reoil them they are just as good? like ready to start over and do it again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.