Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as you all know theres tons of topics on this subject but I was reading one where a guy had a home made version of a no air box conversion 8) .. just recently my rear shock broke in two and in result broke my air box with it :mad: ... I had / have the billet k&n adaptor for the stock air box and I cut the rest of the box off with a drimel .. which is kind of the way the homemade one was, but he had also suspended the end of the k&n with a cheap bendable metal and bolted the metal down where the old air box used to bolt down too.

I searched and searched for that post and I can't find it .. probably entering the wrong key words but I give up ..

anyone seen this posting and know where it is ?and or any ideas besides buying an airbox eliminator kit . ?? :help:

thanks lance

·
Registered
21 Posts
what that other filter under the gas tank for why so large an if i where u i would buy a air box kit trust me most people think more air the better but it all depends on ur set up an ur altitude an the temp of the air the colder it is outside ur bike will run better with a full airbox in the summer when its hot i take off my top of my airbox so it wont lean out. plus the air system to any bike is very important the slightist change in the air flow can dramtically change ur bike for better or worse

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The other filter is the crank breather, it's the size it is because it fits. It could be smaller but then it would require cleaning more often.

As for the air box, no thanks, this breaths well and the prefilters are sufficient at keeping water out.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
first raptor yes that is what i'm talking about ... only difference in mine is that I have the billet stock airbox conversion screwed on to my stock air box which i had cut off besides where the air box gets attached to the carb boots and where the billet is bolted on and connects to one k& N .. hmmm .. still decideing what to do but i have time i'm waiting for my rear shock to show up any time now !!!!!! :grin_nod:

thanks again !!
lance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts