Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone making an aftermarket Air Filter Box Cover for the 700r.

·
Registered
584 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
btac said:
NJRaptor said:
I have read, but not sure dont even have one. That those lids dont fit flush, like one of the corners arnt sealed down or something. Is that true, how does yours fit?
Do not have mine yet.

If it does not fit right I have two options, send it back to Pro Tec, or just add some weather stipping as other have done.

No big deal as I see it. But that's just me.

I would rather pay for it and add some weather stripping, then pay and have some modded stock top.

Too each his own.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
The EHS one fits like the stock. Perfect. It is a stock lid with a hole cut in itwith the outerwears filter fabric attatched. The snorkel has foam in it that you can remove. In my opinion there is no question which is better. You won't have to modify a thing if you buy the EHS.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I was looking at the EHS, they should have a small cap of outerwear almost like a shower cap to place over the snorkel and gut the foam. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
610 Posts
btac said:
I have read, but not sure dont even have one. That those lids dont fit flush, like one of the corners arnt sealed down or something. Is that true, how does yours fit?
I have one. They fit flush. I think the negativity in the design is that it's a metal (the lid) to plastic (the air box) "seal". I know one member that added gasket/weather stripping to his to better the seal, but mine doesn't appear to be letting any crap get to the filter.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Here is something to think about,

When buying an airfilter, everyone wants the biggest one. Why is that? Because you want the largest filtering (breathing) area (sq inchs).

Now when I look for an airbox lid, I too want the largest filtering (breathing) area. Why would you not want that here also? :3question:

Compare the area of the 2. There is no comparison.

As is all to common on this board and on others, favoritism plays out once again.

Do the research, ask questions, and learn. We all can never know enough. Remember, it is your money. Do with it as you please, and be happy with the choices YOU make. ;)

·
Registered
610 Posts
Does anyone have a link to a PIC of the EHS lid? I'd like to see what it looks like (obviously ::))
I waited forever for the download to the provided link in this thread, thinking I was going to get massive pics of the thing only to get a freakin sound file :mad: I hate websites that do that :rocket:
The cable must be a litle slow today.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
pacanis said:
Does anyone have a link to a PIC of the EHS lid? I'd like to see what it looks like (obviously ::))
I waited forever for the download to the provided link in this thread, thinking I was going to get massive pics of the thing only to get a freakin sound file :mad: I hate websites that do that :rocket:
Here's a link: http://www.ehsracing.com/products/raptor700_airbox_EHS.htm

~Brian

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks :thumbsup:. Interesting concept... keeping the stock inlet pipe and opening up the lid, rather than a "from scratch" design. Seems like you could make one if you could find some of that material. I'd like to give them both a smoke test to see which one seems to be breathing better.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
pacanis said:
Boom135 has posted pics of his on here. I bet if you search the forum you will find them. If you search and they have been removed, them pm boom and I bet he will post them again.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
pacanis said:
Thanks :thumbsup:. Interesting concept... keeping the stock inlet pipe and opening up the lid, rather than a "from scratch" design. Seems like you could make one if you could find some of that material. I'd like to give them both a smoke test to see which one seems to be breathing better.
Outerwears sells their material by the sheet if you want to make your own. Someone posted the price per sheet on her as well. I don't remember the price, but again search and I bet you will find it.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Diddly said:
I was looking at the EHS, they should have a small cap of outerwear almost like a shower cap to place over the snorkel and gut the foam. :thumbsup:
THE BET WAY TO DO THE SAME THING IS PUT AN OUTERWEAR COVER OVER THE FILTER THEN IT IS PROTECTED.

·
Registered
87 Posts
i'm looking in to pick up one of these covers. the pro-tec looks like there is more surface area for flow, but there doesn't seem to be a snorkel attached in the picture. is this just a different model in the picture or is there a benefit for this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts