Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, the tube connecting the air filter to the carb fell off one day while I was riding. Somehow I didn't notice it and now the wheeler wont start. The engine will turn over but it wont start. Tried full/half/no choke so I'm guessing it's not a problem with that. Any ideas?

This is my first 4 wheeler and I'm not mechanically inclined (hoping to learn from here on) so any help is appreciated.

Also does anyone know what size screw/bolt holds the air filter box to the frame? Both seem to be missing now and I have no clue which ones to buy. There are two holes at the back of the air filter lid near the battery on each corner.

If someone could give an approximate size the hardware store should be able to help with the rest.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Is that tube still missing? If it is theres your problem! Do you have any bolts left on your air box at all? You could if you have atleast one left take it off and see if an automotive store has some for you. Wish i had the 350 repair manual that would really help you damnit!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that tube still missing? If it is theres your problem! Do you have any bolts left on your air box at all? You could if you have atleast one left take it off and see if an automotive store has some for you. Wish i had the 350 repair manual that would really help you damnit!
The good news is it's running again the battery had enough juice to turn over but not start. So the only problem I have now is the missing screws but that didn't stop me from familiarizing with the local trails and 2 foot deep puddles LOL.

Anyways, nope there are no screws left just the 2 holes. Where in the manual would it say? I checked in the air filter section it didn't have any info about screw size.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Then check on the net for OEM parts usually they have a schematic off the air bor and all the info on the parts with numbers and if im not mistaken size of bolts. They have everything numbered. You could also check the archives on this forum to see if they have a repair manual. Again its full schematic and probably the bolt size are marked. Sorry i cant help i dont have the manual in PDF format but if you have it please let me know ill PM you my email so i can help more people on here and provide them with the 350 manual! Ill do a quick search on the net and try to find those bolt sizes for you.

BRB

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Year of the bike is?

Never mind the manual i got it from here LOL!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then check on the net for OEM parts usually they have a schematic off the air bor and all the info on the parts with numbers and if im not mistaken size of bolts. They have everything numbered. You could also check the archives on this forum to see if they have a repair manual. Again its full schematic and probably the bolt size are marked. Sorry i cant help i dont have the manual in PDF format but if you have it please let me know ill PM you my email so i can help more people on here and provide them with the 350 manual! Ill do a quick search on the net and try to find those bolt sizes for you.

BRB
Thanks for your help bud!

Here is the link for the service manual I've been referencing

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/service/manuals/2008/LIT-11626-21-10_Raptor350_1517.pdf

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Oh sweet dude! Thanks a bunch!

I was able to find the parts on boats.com for a total of $3 shipped. The site you were using wanted $18 for usp ground. I hope this helps in your future purchases.

Again thanks a bunch I'd really been stressing about those two screws.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
You will learn alot on here i garantee it and lots of great people. Concerning mods and fixes Willy Killer and QuadManiac are MENTAL they really know alot about carburation engine mods, fixes and tricks. You just need to fully detail your problem and do what they ask you to check to find the problem and beleive me they do!

Welcome and be safe always wear a helmet even for putting around in the backyard...Hey you never know what could happen.

And beleive me its always a plaisure to help out a forum member!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts