1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If i remember correctly the CDI is a plug and play. Which means just install it and drive. If it was me i would just save up and by a K&N air filter, DynoJet Kit, and a FULL exhaust. Then if you want more power go CDI, Hotcam, bigger piston.

Also i dont think you will gain a full 4hp. You will see a RPM increase throughout the power band and maby a 2hp difference.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If i remember correctly the CDI is a plug and play. Which means just install it and drive. If it was me i would just save up and by a K&N air filter, DynoJet Kit, and a FULL exhaust. Then if you want more power go CDI, Hotcam, bigger piston.

Also i dont think you will gain a full 4hp. You will see a RPM increase throughout the power band and maby a 2hp difference.
Thanks, I have the exhaust, and if I'm not mistaking, the 2005 Raptor 350 has the proper jetting and doesn't need the jet kit with the K&N.
I plan to do both, just dont know in what order.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Thanks, I have the exhaust, and if I'm not mistaking, the 2005 Raptor 350 has the proper jetting and doesn't need the jet kit with the K&N.
I plan to do both, just dont know in what order.
The jettings should be fine just the DynoJet kit would be nice to have i guess lol.

·
Master of the Electron
15,637 Posts
DOn't waste money on a CDI until your engine is modified to the point that the torque curve extends to higher RPM's than the stock CDI will allow - this means cam, porting, etc... spend your money on things that will help now - pipe, filter, jetting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts