Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I am doing the big 3 mod on my 2010 700R SE and i'm not shur which air filter i should use. I already have a DMC afterburner twin exhaust and i would like to keep the stock air box. I dont know if i should use a foam type like UNI and Twin-Air or a ''fabric'' type like the K&N with a pre-filter. Anyone know if one is better than the other??

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah the amsoil intakes are better IMO. No oiling and messy solvents. That is what I use and couldn't be happier. They have much better filtration than K&N.

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
"better" is a relative question. For the most part the Foam type filters will filter better than the others, but won't flow quite as much. If you're leaving the lid on that stock box, or just want to save a few bucks while still upgrading from stock, I'd buy a clamp on kit and stick with a foam filter.

If you're looking for every last ounce of hp you have lots of options, and they get progressively more expensive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.