Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 Raptor 660
anyone have any idea why my air filter has gas in it and a little soaked. Ive changed the spark plug it seems to be hitting (sparking). :(

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
You got a fuel injected 660? If not you won't find much help in the FI tuning section :lol:
Maybe your floats stuck and lets fuel just run out the carbs idk mines FI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
carb

Spider-Lōc;1038369 said:
You got a fuel injected 660? If not you won't find much help in the FI tuning section :lol:
Maybe your floats stuck and lets fuel just run out the carbs idk mines FI.
I just got pulling the carbs out pulled floats out worked the float and injectors.
worked the choke valve and spring, i basically took it all apart by my manual,
just to move the parts in case something was seized. i put it back together and it took off with the choke on for a few seconds then died, would not take off again. not sure where to look next. probably something simple.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket fuel injection system or are you simply getting your terminology mixed up? Carburetors do not have injectors.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
They have jets. I'm not a big carb guy pm Willykiller or quad machanic.

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
Give us some history and more detail please... did you just get this or has it just been sitting for a long time. When's the last time it ran properly? What have you done so far with what results? Have you ever successfully rebuilt or cleaned ANY carbs before? What is your level of expertise, etc., etc?

Did you remove all the fuel wetted components (especially the pilot jets) and clean and inspect their passages individually?

The float valves sticking would be why you had fuel in the airbox, so if they need cleaning, the entire carb (carbs) need cleaning too, in order to even idle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts