1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
123 Posts
im pretty sure that thats not gonna stop any more dust from gettin in than ur outerwear on the filter already is. id just go lid off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
rappy_700 said:
im pretty sure that thats not gonna stop any more dust from gettin in than ur outerwear on the filter already is. id just go lid off.
I second that

·
Registered
14 Posts
oli700 said:
All winter long in the Pacific Northwest .......I never run the lid

Im damn impressed. That outerwear is clean as a whistle.

·
Registered
899 Posts
The strange thing is I get more sand in the box from the dunes then I get mud and water from the trails. But I will never run the lid......intake boot always spotless...I dont run the plug under the air box eather, out with the bad,in with the good. I just make sure to stay out of water ass deep.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I ran a K&N with a outer wear and no lid on my last quad and never had any issues. Were we ride is real dusty in the flats and can be wet and muddy on the trails. I decided to go with a UNI on my Raptor so I added the Pro-tec lid and this combo also has worked great.

You will probally be safe but a little added protection never hurts either. After having one I will always run some type of lid like the Pro-tec or the EHS one. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.