Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I was wondering if someone can tell me an unbiassed list of the air filters available from best to worst. Ones that come to mind are Mod Quad, Pro Design, Velocity, GYTR, Trinity...I've seen lots of posts comparing two of them at a time but no list stating this one is the best and so on. Also just a list of ones that fit inside the stock airbox please. Thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
From everything Ive read for intakes

#1 Trinity = The largest diameter / depends on which filter on wether will fit in air box or not

#2 Pro-Design/GYTR are equal / will fit in Air box

#3 Mod Quad = cheaper design / fits with most room to spare

Velocity = Unsure about theres

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Here my opinion/what I have found, for what it's worth,

The mod quad adapter is the poorest design of all with it's non venturi shaped sharp edge and small diameter.

The trinity adapter with the extra large automotive filter is the best HP maker on highly modded machines but the GYT-R filter & adapter is within 1 WHP on the dyno on a hot rod 780 with the bottom and back cut out of the air box :grin_nod:

The GYT-R and the pro flo kit work great on three mod machines for a less money (if your on a budget) than the trinity kit :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Is there a big difference between the foam and the guaze K&N type?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have somewhat different applications foam better for dust k&n better for sand, theres a post floating around somewhere on it, thanks again guys for the info and fast response :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
yeah i heard k&n where bad but i like mine no problems yet but i wanted to know wats a good filter for dirty dusty trail riding

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
foxbud said:
i wanted to know wats a good filter for dirty dusty trail riding
X2

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Go foam for dust particles. The K&N will pass tiny dust particulate. A dual stage foam filter is best like the ProDesign / UNI type.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.