Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to rebuild the Carbs on my 02 660. I've tried to get the Air/Fuel screws out and they are stuck.:( I've tried to leave them sit in WD 40 for three nights, that didn't work. Used a hammer to tap on the top of the screwdriver to maybe "break" them loose......nope. :confused: Then I tried to use a propane torch to heat them up and that didn't work either. :mad: Just looking for some more advice maybe. Anyone have any other secret that they have done to get something that is ceased up to break loose. I'm trying not to mess with them too much, cause I'll get frustrated and end up going for broke and really screw them up. :eek:

I've looked at the new ones in the rebuild kit and it looks like I could probably drill them out and then re tap the holes but if I can avoid that I think I'll be better off. Any ideas?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I stripped one so bad i couldnt save it with the tap. (ive got the tap size at work if you need it) I ended up drilling & tapping it for a larger bolt & we drilled & tapped the center of the bolt. Worked pretty slick but youd need a lathe to drill the bolt, (gotta be centered!!!!!!)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mix a small amount of ATF and Acetone 50/50 and let it soak on the screws overnight.

·
Registered
435 Posts
a lathe? how are you spose to hold on to the carb using a chuck on the lathe? I would use a bridgeport(drill press) use a smaller drill and than use an e-z out.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
a lathe? how are you spose to hold on to the carb using a chuck on the lathe? I would use a bridgeport(drill press) use a smaller drill and than use an e-z out.
He is talkking of the insert he made to install into the carb, it had to be made on a lathe..............

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old thread but does anyone know what tap size I would require for this? Someone has stripped one of my air fuel screws and iv managed to drill it out but would like to clean up the threads before putting a new one in

Cheers

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts