Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a couple bikes with engine air scoops. Anyone think there worth it or no?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Do you have any pics of this?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you look at the 5th pic in the fit girls on quads in the vip room you will see one....a couple other pics have them too. ive seen them on ebay but havent really done research

·
Registered
177 Posts
On the right machine, those actually function as air deflectors to help pull more air through your radiator, if your radiator were mounted in the standard location (by creating a negative pressure area behind the radiator). On the Raptor, their function is to put money in cfm's bank account.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
raptorsquid said:
On the right machine, those actually function as air deflectors to help pull more air through your radiator, if your radiator were mounted in the standard location (by creating a negative pressure area behind the radiator). On the Raptor, their function is to put money in cfm's bank account.
I agree, with the raptors radiator design they are next to pointless.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats what i figured....i just wanted to see what u guys thought

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah bro, save your cash for stuff that actually does something for you, like that pcIII you need to get! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol...yeah yeah......i plan on it TRUST ME..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
These fins(made by CFM) are designed to direct air to your headers and top end. Like someone else said, they don't do that much for a liquid-cooled engine. I have these installed on my raptor 700, along with two CFM inline coolant coolers, and a CFM oversized oil tank, and a PWR oversized radiator. I'm sure that any one of these items installed by themselves wouldn't make that much of a noticable difference, but all-together they make my raptor run cooool as SHIT!! 8) And anyone here will tell you, a COOLER running engine will make more HP. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.