Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone's opinion on the different lid options out there? I'm running no lid with a pre-filter but they are wearing very fast on the K&N filter I have because they rub on the metal webbing of the K&N.

I like the look of the Pro-Tec lid... Any opinions on that one?

Anybody have pics of the ESH lid for the Raptor 700?

Are these things durable, or do you need to change the material every now and then?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Heres a video of the EHS lid.

Eric's a great guy to deal with also. I run no box just a pre filter and filter, myself.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heres a video of the EHS lid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnJ6lKu2S1o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Eric's a great guy to deal with also. I run no box just a pre filter and filter, myself.
Thanks Spider,

The sock-type pre-filters aren't cutting it for me on the K&N... They rub on the metal screen and wear extremely fast.. I go through 2-3 of them every summer so I figured a lid would fix the rubbing problem.

From pictures, I prefer the Pro-Tec lid.. but it doesn't seem to be available through TQS and I'm about to place an order for several parts there. This ESH lid seems pretty good though, but I wish I could see the Raptor 700 one to get a better idea. The one in the video isn't for a 700 for sure...

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Go to their website or call EHS RACING @ (910) 997-2345. Eric will answer all your questions about it.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Here is what my lid from EHS looks like.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
It seems that under any amount of throttle the suction created inside the airbox would pull water right through. I have an EHS lid on my 660, which I do like, but I've have found standing water in my airbox several times.
They definately aren't water proof, when I wash my bike some water gets through the mesh.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
Thanks Spider,

The sock-type pre-filters aren't cutting it for me on the K&N... They rub on the metal screen and wear extremely fast.. I go through 2-3 of them every summer so I figured a lid would fix the rubbing problem.

From pictures, I prefer the Pro-Tec lid.. but it doesn't seem to be available through TQS and I'm about to place an order for several parts there. This ESH lid seems pretty good though, but I wish I could see the Raptor 700 one to get a better idea. The one in the video isn't for a 700 for sure...
Buy bigger outerwares...

·
Registered
332 Posts
i have the protech lid and and really like. Rode in lots of mud for a few hours and the filter was fine. would deff recommend it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have the outwears mesh box cover, so far never had any water in the box and the filter stays surprisingly clean for the conditions I ride during the summer. $35 on ebay

·
Registered
510 Posts
Drilled holes in my stock lid and use knee high stockings.....cheap but works.....Also have an outerwears over filter...........

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hehe thanks all, I'll go with the EHS later on, TQS was out of stock and I needed my stuff ASAP. I'm not expecting 100% water repelling, just something to replace the over-the-filter outwear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts