Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a K&N filter in my airbox with holes in the lid. I was thinking about cutting some more out of it per Freez's instructions, but now I'm thinking I should just remove it all together. But, I was told that the lid is used to hold the filter in place?

So if I take the lid off, what would work better, an outerwears on the filter, or one of those outerwears socks that covers the whole top of the box?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
If you don't already have an aftermarket filter with adaptor then you'll have to keep at least part of the lid intact or go with the outerwears type lid.

The best setup for those not running in mud and water all the time is a no-lid pro-flow setup.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ive seena few people use screws to hold there filter in place when they take off their airbox if its a K&N cone style filter. Works pretty well actually.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is the Special Edition.

And you know, that's a good idea because I already have a K&N filter, maybe I should just afro engineer it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Teraflx said:
Ive seena few people use screws to hold there filter in place when they take off their airbox if its a K&N cone style filter. Works pretty well actually.
yup...thats how I keep my K&N where its supposed to be...works really well

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you just bolting it through that top lip on the airfilter? I bought a couple of 8mm bolts and ran it through there...

But you know, even without the bolts, that filter is in there pretty snug. But I guess during the heat of racing, anything can come loose.

·
Registered
176 Posts
pewterpecker said:
Are you just bolting it through that top lip on the airfilter? I bought a couple of 8mm bolts and ran it through there...

But you know, even without the bolts, that filter is in there pretty snug. But I guess during the heat of racing, anything can come loose.
yup...that top "lip" on the filter...ran three screws through it into the airbox. My airbox is bent a little, so my filter didnt fit snug.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts