Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at my parents last week for my brothers b-days and heard that alot of their friends that ride at St. Joe take off the airbox particle catcher underneath the bike (little rubber cup). They said it prevents the sand that does get into the airbox to vent out through that instead of getting pulled into the cup but then sucked back up into the filter...........do any of you guys do this where you ride or have any of you heard of this?

St. Joe = 80% sand

·
Registered
219 Posts
I suppose that works, in theory, but how much sand really ends up in your airbox?? I run with no lid, and I'd never filled up that cup with sand. I do take it off and dump it out if I see anything in it...which is easy to do since it's clear. If you run an outerwears type pre-filter, you're not going to get any sand into your filter anyway...it just bounces off the filter...

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
I had it open on my warrior but more to let water run out verses standing in the airbox since it had no lid. I have never had much sand in the airbox on either quad but run a pro-tec lid on my 700 so it helps alot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
163 Posts
can one of you guys elaborate some more on what part you're talking about??.. :3question:

·
Registered
163 Posts
GuamRaptor700 said:
talking about the clearish drain cap that is located on the bottom of the airbox.
Cheers :beer:

·
Registered
661 Posts
i dont run a air box, i have a k&n with an outerwear and havnt had any problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts