Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There

I'm newby in raptor 700 modds and I need some advice.

I've just bought a used 2006 raptor 700 wich comes with an Akrapovic full exhaust+stock airfilter, lid-on.

(The guy who sold me also gave me the sotck exhaust)

My questions are:

-Can I leave it just like that with no engine harm? even if I add a high flow air filter?
-or, should I add a PCIII/V if I want my engine to work fine with the Akrapovic Exhaust?
-would be better to keep on the Stock exhaust/air filter with stock ECU?
(can't afford right now a PCIII :( )

Any help will be highly appreciated, I'm a bit lost..

Thanks

Oskar

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Welcome to the site Oskar..

I would get a Power Commander or another brand fuel controller as soon as you can, with that Akra on there your probably running extremely lean...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your welcome..and the advice :)

I will mount back the stock exhaust until I can get a PC.

cheers.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i wonder how much the previous owner ran that bike with the full exhaust and no commander? Might be a good idea to check your piston for signs of of break down due to running really lean with that exhaust

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
i wonder how much the previous owner ran that bike with the full exhaust and no commander? Might be a good idea to check your piston for signs of of break down due to running really lean with that exhaust
good point wouldn't hurt to check..

·
Registered
621 Posts
Didnt know Akropovic did an exhaust for the 700 8)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Didnt know Akropovic did an exhaust for the 700 8)
High end and very expensive... :confused:

I ran a Akra full race system on my ZX12R Ninja quality and craftsmanship was top shelf..

·
Registered
621 Posts
High end and very expensive... :confused:

I ran a Akra full race system on my ZX12R Ninja quality and craftsmanship was top shelf..
My dad had titanium akropovics on his Honda SP1 sounded awesome and was a quality system just never seen them over here for the 700s shame they dont do duals 8)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Does anyone else get extremely pissed when they see a previous owner running their bikes lean?? like what are they thinking? oh well who cares its only a $3000 machine...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts