Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I emailed support for the US. Waiting to hear back from them. Figured I'd go ahead and post here to see if anyone had been down the same road.

My only concern about that website is there's nothing about quads on it. Only cars and bikes. Guess we'll see.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
That is what I was looking for, I can't find anywhere that has one of them pipes for a 700, seen them for the YZF450, but not the 700. Is it a slip on or full system?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You know that's a pretty good question. It was on the quad when I bought it. I assumed it was a full system based on the fact that the header pipes are two separate pieces and are held to the y pipe with springs. I have the factory header pipe off my other 700 and they look nothing alike.

I've found a few links showing the 700 with the exhaust, but they all appear to be several years old.

this one is from this website, 2 years ago. That is the exhaust I have.
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64410

I was trying to go to silver lake next week and I need an arrestor. If all else fails I'll just put my factory exhaust on for the trip and buy something else, which I planned on down the road anyway. Just thought if I could pick up an arrestor real quick for the trip and save me the trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
I did notice in the topic it said "come with the headers/slipon". So I can imagine it was or is a slip-on that may be modified for the Raptor from maybe a 450? Not sure really not knowing much about history of that system. I wonder if you have a model number printed on that Slipon? Might help you find the spark arrestor for it.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I had to make one for my Dasa Race system for my LTR450.
I bought a flour sieve from safeway and cut it down, Remove the end cap from the pipe and made a small cone and screwed the cap on over the Mesh..
Problem is Dasa don't make Spark arrestors for their race pipes...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts