Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have these for the Raptor 660 and Raptor 700

Forum member price $379 shipped to the cont USA.

Patend Pending
We believe our a arms are among the best you can buy. We know they are the best you can buy for the price! With our radical new adapter you can run either stock or long travel shocks. Add the quality materials and construction, full adjustabilty and high ground clearance and you know they can't be beat!

WIDTH - +2 each side for a 4" wider front end

CAMBER - fully adjustable thru the lower ball joints. No need to remove the arms to make the adjustment like you have to with many other brands.

CASTER - 3 way adjustable by changing spacers on the upper a arm - all around, MX, desert

GULLWING SHAPE - The swept design of our arms give you the maximum possible clearance in ruts and other obstacles. When other a arms will drag thru the high ridges these will glid over the top - not to mention the design looks badass.

LONG/STANDARD TRAVEL - Exclusive to Alba. Can't afford shocks yet? Use the adapter and run your stock shocks or your standard travel aftermarket shocks. When you are ready to upgrade to long travel shocks take the adapter out and mount your long travel shocks -- no need to go out and spend another $700.00 on long travel a arms. Save big $$$ - Did you know most shock companies charge the same for long travel shocks as standard travel shocks? With Alba you can get your long travel system from the get go and save hundreds of dollars. You don't have to settle for a standard length system. Once you ride long travel you will never go back. The difference is incredible. One picture shows the a arms with the standard travel adapter installed. Do not use it for long travel.

CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS - We use .120 wall 4130 chromoly tubing, delrin bushings and the highest quality ball joints. The arms are powdercoated gloss black. New- As of 2/3/2013 we have added Chromed steel sleeves and polished delrin bushings. The gives the arms much less stiction and much greater longevity than most other brands.

LIFETIME WARRANTY - Our a arms have a lifetime warranty for materials and craftsmanship. If you hit something and they bend we will not cover that. If you are riding and a weld cracks we will cover that. Wear items are not covered - ball joints, and delrin bushings. This is backed by Alba Racing which has been in business for 20 years.

NOTE: There are two pictures that show the a arms mounted on a yfz 450. This is for illustration of how the arms look mounted. You will receive arms for a Raptor 660.

QUESTIONS? -PM me or give us a call at 619 562 0188.

Link to 660 arms:
http://teamalbaracing.com/i-13568085-yamaha-raptor-660-adjustable-long-travel-a-arm.html

Link to 700 arms:
http://teamalbaracing.com/i-13568101-yamaha-raptor-700-adjustable-long-travel-a-arm.html

THESE A ARMS USE 17" LONG TRAVEL SHOCKS

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The third picture is a TRX450. It is there to show how the adapter works with the stock or standard travel shocks.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,292 Posts

·
10,292 Posts
The third picture is a TRX450. It is there to show how the adapter works with the stock or standard travel shocks.
The 3rd picture shows 450R style tie rods. Are these available??

·
10,292 Posts
The 3rd pic is a 450r I think.
Yeah, I see it now. Had a brain freeze. I would still like to have the tie rods!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I received some pics of our arms from a forum member here I just posted to show our arms using the standard travel adapters.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've put these on my 700 on my recent rebuild and was wondering if a set of A-arm guards to fit these arms may be in the future? Not all of us ride in nice lush sand lol and it would make these arms even more desirable IMO. I don't know why aftermarket A-arm companies don't make guards for their arms. It really baffles me.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Just bend some flat aluminum to fit them. Make out of stiff cardboard fit to find where they need to be cut at then transfer the cardboard to a flat sheet of aluminum. then just bend the aluminum. Little more work the just buying and bolting on but should be easy and cheaper.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Figured I give my opinion on these arms...

First off, the fitment is not good. There is a TON of slop in both the upper and lower arms. I had to modify the upper arm so I could use the OEM sleeve since it was actually the right length. I had to order special shims to make up the difference in the lower arms becasue they had so much slop.

Next, for whatever reason, the a-arm weld quailty seems to be good. But the shock adapters are a total joke! I think my 9 year old brother could produce a better weld that what's on those things.

And finally, since the shock adapter has ZERO protection from rocks and the bottoms of my shocks were literally being chewed away, I ended up welding the shock adapter in and plating the bottom of the arm the way all other a-arms on the market are.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This review is very disheartening to say the least. I just bought a pair. Always thought Alba was a quality product.

·
10,292 Posts
This review is very disheartening to say the least. I just bought a pair. Always thought Alba was a quality product.

Let us know how your install goes. I'm interested if you have the same problems.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Let us know how your install goes. I'm interested if you have the same problems.
After re reading my post I feel kind of bad for Alba but I still think there could be some improvements to their design. Maybe I'm just too picky over the slop but IMO it was a little much. And not having the zerks was a bit of a disappointment because now there is noticeable slop in the plastic bushings. But after looking at some other aftermarket arms they don't all have zerks so I guess that's just the way it goes.

Alba is still a great company. I just ordered a +1 stem and clamp from them for my practice Raptor and Fernando knocked the price down from $200 to $160 shipped which is awesome.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ill be sure to post my progress with the a arms. Sending shocks to jogaca this weekend. So if no grease fittings how do you get lube In there?? Now that i think of it my 08 Z400 has no fittings either!

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
You could always tap and die a few zerks in. But several others don't have them such as JD performance. But Housers have fittings and that is one of the main reasons I go with them. Oh and they are tough as nails!

·
10,292 Posts
The plastic/Teflon/etc is self lubing. Or, add your own zerks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts