Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geisick says there runin alchol in there 700s any one else doin this, what was the outcome. good, bad, performs better? someone tell me if it works cuz ill be runnin it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
alcohol? wow. i would think that if they are it would be pretty good. runs alot cleaner than reg petro but im sure if they are they must do some motor building. that shit runs hot and im sure after a day somethings melted down...

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I know with carbs there's more maintenance involved including drying her out if she's going to sit a while. I'd be interested to know what the deal is with the EFI, are similar precautions necessary?

I know that alcohol will make a good bit more power albeit using about 2x the fuel compared to gasolines. Not too expensive compared to race gas either, depending on your source and what fuel you're comparing it to it's sometimes even cheaper.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Takes alot of alcohol compared to the amount of gasoline. One positive note is the engine will run alot cooler but the negative is you will have to change the oil just about everytime you ride it 1hour or more from the contamination from the amount of alcohol thats being run through it. Another thing is if it catches on fire you cant see it.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another thing is if it catches on fire you cant see it.
[/quote]

but i bet you feel it,lol.
anyway i will call them today and see what is up with this and if you have to dry it out all the time or since it doesnt sit in the bowls you aint got to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts