Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday down at st. joe state park in missouri was a different kind of day. i just bought my 700 back near the end of july and have only managed to put a uni air filter on it and take my sparky out. yesterday my dad met me down there and brought a brand new set of sandsharks for me to try. (came with my brothers 660 and were never used) i was a bit scared at first as i have never used paddles before but LOOK OUT! before the paddles id do ok in a drag on dry sand and do just fine on wet sand.........but now..........i do great!!! in dry and AWESOME!!! in wet. i had everyone talking yesterday......hey what do u have done to that thing? i could only reply in laughter.........a uni filter and sparky out! i was pretty much hated by the end of the day and was thought to be a liar but in all honesty im not. 450's didnt stand a chance (even highly modded ones)........predators.........LOOK OUT (smoked em)........and the one drag shee actually stopped and said DAMN....that there is a nice bike! we talked for a bit until he said i was lying about my mods........and then left lol! i dont mean to brag but this is just amazing.......anyone else had an experience like this? i mean there were a few people close but thats it. i launched right out of the hole and was completely GONE! i always thought tires played an important role........and now I KNOW they do

hit me back

RadRap

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hey man good to see ya yesterday. I had about the same results in the few races I ran. I can't believe the diff with the mods I did, and I havent even fine tuned the dobeck yet. There was only 1 or 2 bikes beating me and they were way modified. I guess im gonna have to invest in the paddles. I wanted to do some more dragging but the kids came out so I was riding with them most the afternoon. Let me know next time your headed down.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. My friends swore I have head work (port/polish) done to my 700 after they seen how I was beating a piped, port/polished, high compression piston and cammed '04 450r. They haven't seen anything yet seems as I haven't raced since getting my 15t. :lol: 8)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
every sunday........me and the orange/black kfx and my dad........except this comming sunday hes bringing the bike (WF426) and he said hell take us all on lol.......and he knows ive beat him before w/o the sand tires (unless he wasnt trying...who knows). any the sand tires would be a def. invest in my book......im not lying when i say they are totally the difference! my friend just ordered a pair for his kfx tonight. but yeah were down there every sunday.......hope to run into you guys again

RadRap

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah......thats all i got all day. not a single person believed me when i said sparky out and uni filter. tires made the difference for me and im also lookin at gettin a 15t. other then all that..........its just gonna modded like this till x-mas (wOoT WoOt)

RadRap

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
RadRap700 said:
every sunday........me and the orange/black kfx and my dad........except this comming sunday hes bringing the bike (WF426) and he said hell take us all on lol.......and he knows ive beat him before w/o the sand tires (unless he wasnt trying...who knows). any the sand tires would be a def. invest in my book......im not lying when i say they are totally the difference! my friend just ordered a pair for his kfx tonight. but yeah were down there every sunday.......hope to run into you guys again

RadRap

I dont know sand....and have no idea what a wr426 does with paddles...but I have raced a cr500 on hard pack dirt/gravel with my yfz450 and the cr just couldnt find the traction...most of the time it was neck and neck. Racing out of corners was always neck and neck too. I would race one already on the move though in a straight line though...ha ha.
We all know how fast a cr500 is....and stock they are at like 62-64hp or some $hit. This one was piped and had a filter on it, with jetting changes of course.
ANYWAY my point being is if I could be neck and neck and sometimes beat a cr500 in the hard pack dirt/gravel....I dont see you having much of a hard time against a 426 with your 700....being's your 700 is faster than my 450 and the cr500 is a whole butt load faster than the wr!
good luck.....and wait till both of you are modded and have the 15T! Ha ha....then your talkin.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was there!.............but I don't think I saw/raced you. I thought I was the only 700 with paddles. For a while, me and a 06 YFZ (with Sand Sharks or something) were cleaning house............. :thumbsup: Till a couple faster YFZs came around (obviously with motor mods) :confused:

·
Registered
786 Posts
"Till a couple faster YFZs came around (obviously with motor mods)". If it was white with a ext. swingarm and sounded like a hell of a cam, thats the one that was beating me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Beaner242 said:
"Till a couple faster YFZs came around (obviously with motor mods)". If it was white with a ext. swingarm and sounded like a hell of a cam, thats the one that was beating me.
Yes sir........Thats the one!.......... :thumbsup:

I also couldn't beat a yellow/black SE YFZ with 4 snows...... :'(

·
Registered
29 Posts
well mine is bone stock and I get the comment all the time what ya got done to it and when i say nothing but nerfs and a rear grab they eather say im lieing or dam man that is the fastest 700 iv ever seen, I smoke most the other 700's there and some of them are piped. I ride mosty on harder pack east coast dirt and mudd. I just tell them all that this is not the fastest 700 but im the fastest person you have seen on one lol.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MAXXRPM: im thinkin maybe your gettin me confused with a YFZ? i have an 06 700 (blue) with a set of brand new sandsharks on it. if i am thinking right.....your the guy with the blue 700 and blue HMF right? i ran into you a while back and we were talking.......then last sunday i was getting towed in by an orange kfx700 cuz of the weld breaking on my pipe (heatshield welded onto pipe.........breakage) and you looked at me and shook your head. then this past sunday.........i remember seeing you...........BEHIND ME every race LOL. i could be wrong but im thinking im not. i was dragging all day non-stop! anyways.......ill be back down there this sunday along with the kfx and hopefully my dad which isnt bringing the 660 this time but his WF426 Yamaha Dirtbike (not a wr426......wtf is that 135boom?)

Beaner242: hope to see you atleast once more before its all over for this year! id like to run a few things by u and see what ya think.

135boom: as far as the 15t........i have sparky out and just a throw in uni filter with some sandsharks. would this be a little mod id like to do next or what?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
"........ his WF426 Yamaha Dirtbike (not a wr426......wtf is that 135boom?)"

The WR450f/WR426f(earlier model) is the enduro version of the yz450f/426f. The "WR" has a "Wide Ratio" tranny, elec start and kickstart, head/tail lights, and a kickstand....and also had a different cam.

.............Yamaha doesnt make anything called a "wf426"

"135boom: as far as the 15t........i have sparky out and just a throw in uni filter with some sandsharks. would this be a little mod id like to do next or what?"
[/quote]

I would do the 15T even with those mods. there have been positive results from stockers. Though I personally wouldnt do it to a stocker, I would do it with your mods.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Yeah, that was me Rad..... :thumbsup:
I was wondering what the heck happened to your 700!.......Glad it wasn't nothing serious. I raced you months back one day (I remember) and you had paddles with a stock pipe and I was on worn out stockers. Yeah, you got me off the line on every race but I did catch you a couple times at the end (probably when the race was already over)....... :lol:
I don't remember racing you last Sunday though............I got paddles now! ;)
I still got beat by some stockers Sunday (Beaner might have been one of them). You know how the variables are out at the Joe with bad launches and timing etc. and so forth but when I was on my game.........everybody went down :grin_nod: (except for a couple YFZs)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
135boom: ahhhhhhhhhh maybe i got the wr426f all mixed up........forgot the r but knew there was a letter after the w and knew there was an f in there somewhere........which brought me to wr426 lol! yeah hes got a headlight and taillight and is VERY VERY FAST/LOUD! hell see that hes still no match for us out there this comming sunday though!

MaxxRPM: will you be out there this comming sunday? well have to have ourselfes some re-matches. im hoping to get the 15t and get it on by then but im not sure if thats gonna happen...........we can only wait and see.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Vids would be nice man. Sounds fun but i dont see you beating a drag banshee even with just a couple engine mods, maybe it had a shitty driver or something

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ill have the cam out there this sunday........hopefully that same shee is there........i have many people to back me up on this one.........dad/bestfriend/the actual guy/others that saw it but wouldnt be on this forum as they dont own raptors.

the guy said he bought 2 different shees and basically took this part from this one........that part from that one and made a better one alltogether. he had an extended swingarm/paddles/huge chrome exhaust/filter and w/e else if there was any. he said himself that hes never had a run-in with someone that had a 700 and he was very impressed. he said he thought he extended the swingarm too far (posing downfall #1) and said that it was like.....8 years old or somethin (posing downfall #2) but it still looked like it was in great condition. ill try my best to not prove you wrong but just show you that i am being truthfull.........mods i have: uni throw in filter/sparky out/sandsharks

p.s. yeah it could have been a shitty driver........but who knows

RadRap700

·
Registered
200 Posts
RadRap700 said:
MaxxRPM: will you be out there this comming sunday? well have to have ourselfes some re-matches. im hoping to get the 15t and get it on by then but im not sure if thats gonna happen...........we can only wait and see.
I might be out Sunday if the weather aint crappy. Yeah, no doubt, I'd like to hook em up to do a comparison. I got the 3 mods and the 15T (but the jury is still out on the 15T) and your pretty much a stock bike so we'll get a chance to see if these mods are actually as effective as they feel or just a noise maker........... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think im going to get there a little bit earlier than i usually do.........say around open time or a little after. me and the kfx are going to have a little photoshoot and whatnot but to all who are comming/might make it ill see you there.........dress warm i heard its going to be a cool day!

RADRAP700

·
Registered
786 Posts
Looks like I'll be there, not sure what time. We are going out for a b-day party tonight at House of Rock so I might be kinda slow in the morning.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts