Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up here in Florence, Oregon the legal sound decibel is 93....my bike with the old Alba pipe came in at 122 at 3500 rpm. I almost got a fine but the cop told me to put it away and ride something else. Luckily this happened at the end of a great 3 day weekend of riding.

Anyway, I'm done being harassed. Anyone want to trade a FMF quiet core exhaust or a Yoshimura for a Alba exhaust. Its very clean and shiny with good springs and packing. I have the race endcap on it which was another $55 about 3 years ago. Its had a total of about 40 hours ride time.

I also have a Big Gun exhaust and a White Brothers slip on for trade. The Big Gun I've never put on but heard is medium loud and the White Brothers slip on comes in at 104 on my spare 660.....still too loud for the dunes here. Dang it!!!!!

Let me know,

Max

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've never been pulled over in florence. I've either out ran em or dont c em. They are never out except in the summer time it seems like. The guy at Cottage Grove Yamaha said if your around 96 97 they will let you go.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you're right, they will....but the cop told me last weekend that any bike beyond 115 can be legally taken away from the owner. This is why I'm done with the Alba pipe.

Max

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah the guy at the shop said anything over 105db they can legally impound it and tow it. Some of the cops are real assholes and some are really understanding

·
Registered
87 Posts
so seems like you guys ride at florence a lot .... I'm from eugene soo that is my main spot I hit up nice to see some fellow riders on this site.... florence cops I out run ..oor dont hang out in areas there at ,usually can spot them and just turn around .. I have a yoshi but I broke the tipe off doing wheelie 's and theres no spark arrester and is way to loud I know it .. but havent found a tip to purchase any where and I'm to broke to buy a new pipe .. anyways ... sorry to hear that you got pulled over .. and if i could afford it I'd go quiet even if it ment lossing a horse or 2 just for that fact of impounding your ride.. that would reall suck :'(

lance

·
Registered
735 Posts
Im in the market for a quiet system too, I do way too much illegal riding (not registered and no county permit)and have ran, then sat in the woods with my bike off so I couldnt be heard. Id rather be able to put put home with low db output.

Just that these damned exhaust systems are so expensive. I am tempted to make my own quiet core for the FMF powercore 4...I have heard they make one for it, but have never seen it.... concept is easy, smaller diameter pipe into the can, and most likely a rejet

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I ride at florence too, and also have an alba, albeit the newer slightly quieter one

JUST RUN! Thats what I do, actually, only once, I usually just cruise by, then open it up on the next dune

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alba tells me the best I can do is use the Supertrapp arrester that came with the pipe. It works well but I'm still around 105 with 10 discs. Of course if I lower the discs used the pipe will become quieter and bye bye horsepower.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in Eugene too and i ride all over. winchester, florence, shotgun, huckleberry, x-mas valley, east fort, sunriver/bend area.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What do you guys with CT's register in at? I am wondering because I really don't think it's that loud.

·
Registered
440 Posts
maxb750 said:
Up here in Florence, Oregon the legal sound decibel is 93....my bike with the old Alba pipe came in at 122 at 3500 rpm. I almost got a fine but the cop told me to put it away and ride something else. Luckily this happened at the end of a great 3 day weekend of riding.

Anyway, I'm done being harassed. Anyone want to trade a FMF quiet core exhaust or a Yoshimura for a Alba exhaust. Its very clean and shiny with good springs and packing. I have the race endcap on it which was another $55 about 3 years ago. Its had a total of about 40 hours ride time.

I also have a Big Gun exhaust and a White Brothers slip on for trade. The Big Gun I've never put on but heard is medium loud and the White Brothers slip on comes in at 104 on my spare 660.....still too loud for the dunes here. Dang it!!!!!

Let me know,

Max
i am interested in the biggun exhast.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pm me if you're seriously interested in the exhaust. I'll have to dig it out of my garage. Its about 3 years old but still shiny. I"l send pictures if you pm me.

Max

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
102 or 103 is what CT advertises

·
Registered
87 Posts
95 db and higher is a ticket on the oregon coast!! unless you run :thumbsup: :grin_nod: 8)

·
Registered
87 Posts
they ride raptors actually mainly .. or a in the jeep .. they'll pull you over and just like in a car speeding ticket make you show your lisence ... check for you permit ... and then make you start your bike .. puts a rpm reader on your spark plug .. make you hold a stead 3000 rpm then from 14 - 18 inches around there (they have an exact guide line I just forget) and hold a decibal reader straight back from your exhast tip (not directly in line with but close enough) if your over (usually allow up to like 96 db depending on how nice the cop is ) 93 db he can and will write you a ticket for 125 dollars first affenders :thumbsup: :mad: :grin_nod: 8)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Most allow up to bout 97DB they just really dont want you over that. Most the cops ride warriors raptors ford super duty or jeeps. Normally you can out run them all except when they set up road blocks and check everyone going throu (lucky i've never been stopped period). My friend was pulled over and was bout 98Db and the cop let him go and said it was good enough and that the sound thing is kinda gay. We all keep wondering why harelys can ride by on the street at like 110DB and not get pulled over. its only cause we are on the "dunes". Its so puthetic if you ask me. If you dont ride or wanna hear the bieks dont move to the damn coast.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I love the sound of loud pipes. Gets me all excited..."whos out there"...is it new competition in the neighbor hood. To me its kind of a calling card saying "come on out and play....Im here lets ride" As long as it doesnt go past 10 pm, I dont care if you have no pipe.

opinion...dem tree huggers got someone by the nads

·
Registered
295 Posts
I almost got one, but it was cuz i was riding on the hard top and pasted him on the highway in an unmarked car at night. But luckily he was ion a hurry and told me to go home. lol He clocked me at 78 in a 60 lol. :lol:
That was a fun night!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.