Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this?

Aluminum scoop kit for a Yamaha Raptor 700. Made from 5052 series aluminum for high strength, light weight, and excellent corrosion resistance. This scoop kit bolts to the under side of your front fenders using the stock fender mounting bolts. It can be installed in less than three minutes. It will direct more air to your engine and exhaust header to help keep your Raptor running cooler.

$53.00 shipped

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ordered a set on 5/1, but I don't have them yet. I bought them mostly to have a decent place to put my registration stickers. My Raptor's a farm vehicle :moon: so I have extras I had to try to find room for.
I figured they couldn't hurt, and they'll look better than anything I'd have rigged up.
I'll let you know what I think once they show up.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Really isnt gonna do alot of good. Other bikes like the yfz use them to channel air into the radiator but since our radiator is mounted in a different spot these arent gonna serve that purpose at all. They do look cool imo though and may help the engine temp a tiny bit by directing air to flow to it but it wont be noticable.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I have not installed mine yet, waiting to get them powder coated....shipping was slow..:confused:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I'd think they would have to be angled towards the engine, rather than straight back, and mounted much closer to the engine for any cooling effect to be realized.
They do look cool, though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Anybody actually have these installed? I'd like to see a pic, or a somewhat detailed description of how they mount.
Mine showed up today, and like Headrope, from what I saw in the picture, I thought they'd be pretty straight.
The only way I can see to mount them puts them at a pretty huge angle. Not exactly how I'd like them.
I need to confirm I have the right ones.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you think it will make a difference to airflow/cooling/performance it probably will, power of the mind and all that ;)

Looks to me that they'll just make cleaning under/around the fender more of a pain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.