Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having trouble getting enough fuel to my 04 i had a dynojet kit and hated everything about it except the needles, everything i do it seems like my bike is always lean mods include, white bros e series pipe, uni air filter, cut airbox, i ordered a new jet kit from jetrus and just got it, any suggestions on the size of jet i should run? when i first got the bike it only had the pipe on it no jets and it ran like a champ but it popped and backfired a lot so i installed the dynojet jet kit and have had problems with it ever since

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Well I don't know what type the jets-R-us kit uses, but my guess is that you wouldn't buy another set of DJ's since you disliked them so. That leaves us with mikunis.

Assuming a full pipe, sea level-1000', mild temps, and an airbox equivalent to a no-lid setup I'd suggest 155/160 mains with needles on 3rd clip. You may have to drop the mains a bit since you're using a little more of the airbox.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice maddog, but i got it all figured out about an hour ago, im using the dynojet needles on the fourth clip and the jetsrus jets (genuine mikunis) with a 150/155 i also changed the pilot jet in the left carb to a 25 and the one in the right is a 27.5 sounds odd and unusual but i adjusted the mixture screws accordingly and the thing just runs great, it will easily wheelie in fourth gear and by easily i mean it has no problem puttin it on the grab bar lol

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Glad you got it going. Not sure i'd be running offset pilot jets, you're probably either starving one side or flooding the other. You can probably pick one of the sizes and then adjust the fuel mix screws to compensate.

But hey, if it's running then go have some fun on it before you tinker with it again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I dont know if it would even be benifull to you, but my bike was running lean and I bought a dial a jet kit and now she runs 100% perfect with a few degrees of easy tuning too. The whole kit was about $115 and installation was a breeze.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help teraflx. I considered buying a dial a jet kit for a while because I was so frustrated with my bike and didnt know what else to do. In fact I would have bought it but I hadn't heard anybody's strong opinions on whether or not it was worth it. I would have swore I had tried every combination, because it got to where i could swap jets and change needle clips including puting the whole thing back together in about 45 minutes. The only real progress I got was when I trashed the DynoJet jets and started using the new Mikunis. The thing runs great now what sucks is that im lookin at a new exhaust so I might be in for jetting round 2. How ironic.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Its never ending huh? :grin_nod:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.