Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i am going into a hare scramble this summer and really need to make my rapter faster and have more torque so i am planning on or already bought these parts and was wondering if they are best. or if i even need them at all

-yoshimura slip on exhaust 315$
-k&n air filter 45$
-UNI Airbox Air Box Vents 10$
-DYNATEK DYNA FS IGNITION SYSTEM 161$
-yamaha iridium spark plug 8$
-Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer/Tachometer Computer 95$
-Pingel Power Flo Fuel Valve 95$

·
Registered
247 Posts
You should have bought a used full exhaust for that $315 and rejetted. What tires you running?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im running stock but i am up for different ones but im on a low budget so if you have good ones in mind i might be interrested

·
Registered
247 Posts
ITP GNCC's all the way...

·
Registered
227 Posts
^junkkkkkkkkkk, get maxxis razrs there cheap and last along time

·
Registered
266 Posts
If i remember correctly, full or slip on, the stock head pipe for the 350 produces no more HP with a slip on exhaust and upgrades than an after market head pipe, so slip on is fine. Definitely jet the carb.

·
Registered
155 Posts
LRD claims way better gains with their full exhaust than with their slip on. DB levels are also a bit lower... Im not saying fmf header is any good or gives you any gains... Just that there aint perfect stock headers specially on "recreational" quads like our 350, that hasn't been redesigned for quite a long time (2004?).

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is over 1 1/2 years ago, but i forget if it was HMF or yoshi who had dyno sheets posted proving this, for the upgrades you are planning on, I would not buy a head pipe unless you want to waste money.

·
Registered
415 Posts
ok so i am going into a hare scramble this summer and really need to make my rapter faster and have more torque so i am planning on or already bought these parts and was wondering if they are best. or if i even need them at all

definetely buy these
-yoshimura slip on exhaust 315$
-k&n air filter 45$
-UNI Airbox Air Box Vents 10$

don't buy these
-DYNATEK DYNA FS IGNITION SYSTEM 161$
-yamaha iridium spark plug 8$
-Trail Tech Vapor Speedometer/Tachometer Computer 95$
-Pingel Power Flo Fuel Valve 95$

you should buy a piston and a cam before you get the ignition. it wont help nearly as much as a piston and cam. you can buy a 10.25:1 piston, hc2 for $296 from vitosperformance.com BUT you will absolutely need a jetkit for the mods your doing anyway so add one of those to your list. you will feel more torque and it will have more power all around. you won't be beating 450's but you wont be getting embarrassed either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts