Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I did good when I bought my dobeck controller :confused:, but it seems all I here about is PCIII's. should I get rid of the dobeck and buy a PCIII? :help: what's the pros, cons??? :unsure:

·
Registered
239 Posts
i have a dobeck to

seems it will do the job for the big 3 mods if it set right

Ben

·
Registered
841 Posts
I have a dobeck and im happy with it :grin_nod:.....if your happy with your 3 mods then your dobeck is just fine doing the same thing as a pc3 would...BUT if you plan on doing further mods (internals and such) then you want a PC3 to "fine tune" everything

·
Registered
899 Posts
Happy with mine for now.......I'm waiting for the next big thing.......like waiting for the new playstation or new computer technology to come out. It’s only a matter of time. Dobeck is awesome for someone who likes to tinker .......tinkering and wrenching is half the fun for me. If you are a plug and play type then go for a pcIII. They can both be dyno tuned.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The dobeck works great for the basic 3 mods and dont let anyone tell you any different. If you start doing internal mods then I would upgrade but for what you have the dobeck works great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, All i have is the 3 mods for now, when the day comes i can afford to build a monster then I'll get a pcIII and put the dobeck on my wifes quad.

·
Registered
468 Posts
+1 and even +2. There is nothing wrong with a Dobeck. I have two 06 Raptors. One with a Dobeck Gen 1 (the inexpensive unit) and my other Raptor has a PCIIIusb. I also have a long history of Power Commander use on other platforms as well. To be honest I can't tell the difference in how the fuel is delivered. Both are smooth and do not stumble. The Dobeck cost me $100 and the PCIII cost me $259, I think. If you are just running the three mods you would never be able to tell a difference in the two units. If you are building your bike internally then eventually you will want to go with a PC as they do have more adjustability. It is kind of like having a slip on pipe, you could have the same performance by just removing your spark arrestor. Yes, yes I know there will be those that will refute that but I have tried the Dr D and GYT-R slips. Other than being louder, and of course looking better, I could not tell a difference. I did not dyno test. I am sure somebody probably can pull a dyno sheet and show how their slip pulls and amazing 1/2 to 1 full hp over the stocker at peak RPM. :thumbsup: Be happy with your purchase. Your Dobeck was a smart choice and you saved money to boot.

Craig,

·
Registered
251 Posts
I also run the Dobeck controller with internals, after setting it up correctly i havent had any problems with it at all

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I don't plan on doing any internal mods but went to the PC III just because there seems to be a lot more support for them than any other.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the Dobeck Gen 3, and I've been happy with it so far. Seemed like it was pretty easy to tune for me. I just have the "big three" for now (HMF full/Gen 3/K&N). If I decide to do some internal mods, I might look at a PCIII, then again, I might see if I can find a dyno shop nearby.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.