Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at pics people post most riders seem on the slender side..lol
I'm 5'11 and weigh 285lbs and am starting to think I may need a larger machine. I'm supposed to pick up the 350 today but am thinking I may be too big for it. Anyone my size riding one?

·
Registered
594 Posts
You can ride the 350 all you want, Hell I ride my daughters 50 sometimes, but there is no replacement for displacement

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Size wise you are definitely too big for a 350. What really matters though is your riding skill and experience. If this is your first atv and you can afford to switch later you might be better off starting smaller and building riding experience. Be honest with your skill level! Also if you are a beginner but can't afford to move up in 6 months to a year, buy the 700 and turn in the throttle limiter screw.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I was figuring the same thing on the 700. I'm getting this 350 for next to nothing and once I find some spots to ride and maybe some of my buddies get into this as well I'll definitely move up. Money isn't the issue I just don't wanna invest big $ in something that won't be used all that often. I'm sure I'll spend more time around the neighborhood initially with the kids.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Yeah I was figuring the same thing on the 700. I'm getting this 350 for next to nothing and once I find some spots to ride and maybe some of my buddies get into this as well I'll definitely move up. Money isn't the issue I just don't wanna invest big $ in something that won't be used all that often. I'm sure I'll spend more time around the neighborhood initially with the kids.
Sounds like a good plan. I'm 6'3" 210lbs. and have been riding for decades. I would still have a blast tearing around on a 350. Good luck, be safe and let your friends take it for a spin. They will be hooked. More people enjoying this sport in a responsible way is great thing!:beer:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seller blew me off tonight and pushed back pickup til tomorrow or Tuesday now. May stop @ local dealer and just look at something new.

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
I'm 5'10 and 130lbs. The 350 is comfortable, but the 700 feels way better for me. You would be great on a 700.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Good luck on finding a quad. I am 5'11" and 210LB and I rode a 350 for a while but I was already experienced riding 660's and banshee's when I had it and wished the whole time I had something bigger so I could keep up with my friends on bigger machines... Get a 700. Buy used also this will give you a good starting point. look at that 08 at the bottom of the page that seems to be a good deal, might have to take a drive to get it though looks like it is in MI

http://chicago.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=11&subAreaID=&query=raptor+700&catAbb=sss

Rappy97 are you guys getting hit with snow right now?

I'm 5'10 and 130lbs. The 350 is comfortable, but the 700 feels way better for me. You would be great on a 700.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck on finding a quad. I am 5'11" and 210LB and I rode a 350 for a while but I was already experienced riding 660's and banshee's when I had it and wished the whole time I had something bigger so I could keep up with my friends on bigger machines... Get a 700. Buy used also this will give you a good starting point. look at that 08 at the bottom of the page that seems to be a good deal, might have to take a drive to get it though looks like it is in MI

http://chicago.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=11&subAreaID=&query=raptor+700&catAbb=sss

Rappy97 are you guys getting hit with snow right now?
Saw those a little while ago..lol
There are a lot used out there now it seems

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took delivery tonight. Needs the carb gone through but other than that it moves pretty well. I'll post pics tomorrow when it's light out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts