Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they any good? Been trying to find a a-arm that has at least 16 inches of travel. If they aren't good anyone know of any that are? Thanks

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have the +3 +1 arms, no probs. They are built very heavy. Heims are strong, never had mine get loose ( I use red loctite on everything though) Like the adjustability. Finnish is holding up fine too. Initial adjustment was a pain in the ass. They arent the gull wing design, but they have been fine for anything I have thrown at them, including a couple hard tree hits....twisted the steering stem instead of bending the arms or tirods.... for the price you arent getting a bad product, Ive had mine for just over a year now.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I was strongly considering American Star a-arms until I started hearing complaints about all the heim joints (there are heim joints ALL OVER those things...).

I don't know if it's an issue but I tend to feel buyer's remorse, so I'd rather stick it out and get Houser.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Got heims, like 'em. Stronger, just a little more maintenance.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So heim's are stronger then? Also how much more maintenance you talking maddog? Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
They aren't what I'd recommend for gncc riders who are constantly caking them with mud, but heims are still very popular on mx tracks.

As for maintenance I usually take them apart and clean them a few times a year and just make sure they're free of dirt and debris from the outside and lube them up the rest of the time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i just got me some asr +2 up 1's and so far installing them i found out there is no gease nipples on them and i was shorted out one of the top a-arm connecter pieces ill tell u what i think when im done installing them tonight.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Those are the same arms I got. I wasn't shorted any parts... and my installation went fine. I also noticed the lack of grease zerks, but I'm sure if you wanted to add some it'd be a quick job... just a drill, a tap, and some time.

·
Registered
211 Posts
i never understood why guys bash hiems there is nothing wrong with them are plenty strong .the problem is you dont take care of them like you should .need to be lubed after washing(wd-40 will work)plus always check to make sure bolt on hiem is tight after every moto.iv'e only snapped 1 in 3yrs of racing mx vet A,1 because bolt on top of spindle was loose .most high end qaulity a-arms have lifetime warranties on everything.thats my 2 cents p.s always use loctite red on hiem bolt!

·
Registered
211 Posts
try racing harder! :lol: (just kidd'n)p.s i'm talking about the where the bolts mounts to the steering nuckle assembly many times between motos have retight'nd the nut over 4yrs of mx!!! :crazy:

·
Registered
154 Posts
im sorry i was not shorted out any parts, it was hiding on me lol.
im not fininshed with mine yet but i allready need to buy new caps for the a-arms end where the bolt goes though becouse my original berings will not fit becouse it was to fat, so i drilled the cap but i went to much. my baring for my shocks was to long for the new arm's so i had to grind that 1/8 inch long ways so it would fit inside of the bracket; other things i can say is first; the upper a-arms is crazy werid but i think it works. the top a-arms is adjustable but im scared to touch it. and there's no seals for for rubber that come with it to protect dirt getting in the cailber joints things lol i cant think of the name of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts