Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone out there have AMERICAN STAR +2 MX A-ARMS ON THERE RAPTOR 700. just wanted to get some feed back on this product are these good a-arms to purchase for dune and trail riding ? are there any pros and cons on purchasing this product? thanks guys for the feedback.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I haven't seen their latest stuff, but if they're still using Heim joints your better off paying a bit more for a JD Performance or LSR a-arm.

Take Care

·
Registered
482 Posts
I used to run a set Of ASR MX Pro race arms and they were superb, Never had a problem, I sold them to fit a set of Long Travel A_Arms for trails.
Make sure when you are buying a set that you buy the set with Ball Joints and not Heim Joints.
The Heim Joint arms are cheaper

These are the Arms on my Raptor http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60333

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I've run ASR's on my 660 several years ago (because they were on there when I bought it) and when I bought my 700 (used) it also had ASR's on...both were the heim joint style and I've never had an issue with them. I did tweak a lower arm from hitting a large rock that was covered in snow...just called up Mike at ASR and he said send $20 and the arm and he will send a new one back...no questions asked even though I wasn't the original purchaser..... gotta love their warranty.... my husband bought a set of ASR's for his since I've had good luck with mine, but he got the ball joint style.....and he hasn't had any issues with that style either. They do make a good product! If you get the tierods and ends, I'd recommend that you get the heavy duty style ends. The rod turns into them as opposed to the end turning into the rod, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I've run ASR's on my 660 several years ago (because they were on there when I bought it) and when I bought my 700 (used) it also had ASR's on...both were the heim joint style and I've never had an issue with them. I did tweak a lower arm from hitting a large rock that was covered in snow...just called up Mike at ASR and he said send $20 and the arm and he will send a new one back...no questions asked even though I wasn't the original purchaser..... gotta love their warranty.... my husband bought a set of ASR's for his since I've had good luck with mine, but he got the ball joint style.....and he hasn't had any issues with that style either. They do make a good product! If you get the tierods and ends, I'd recommend that you get the heavy duty style ends. The rod turns into them as opposed to the end turning into the rod, if that makes sense.
I'm pretty impressed with your overall experience with those a-arms. Did jack up the raptor and check play before every outing? I never had more than a weeks worth of riding on a set of heim joints before the front end got loose.

Take Care

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Not before every outing, but we do check on a regular basis (several times per year and at least before every major 3+ day riding).... we also did drill and fit grease zerks in the lowers where they connect at the frame and we always make sure we maintain them by cleaning them good after every ride and then lubing them.... After almost 4 years of hard riding through extremely rocky coal regions of PA, they are finally starting to get a little loose....but I can't complain considering they were on when I bought it....I can't justify spending the coin on new ones yet because these have just started to get a little wobbly. If I were the original purchaser and had the choice, I'd go with the balljoint style for sure though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts