1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The AMR Monster Coil provides a higher intensity spark with faster recovery and response. This Coil Supplies 15% more energy than stock, longer plug life as well as a much hotter spark. After installing the AMR Monster Coil riders often notice an immediate benefit with a crisper throttle response and a quicker rev with more pull through the RPM's. Due to the greater spark the AMR Monster Coil provides you will have a cleaner spark-plug which ultimately means you are getting the most out of your fuel. Coil will add 3 to 5hp (depending on installed mods). Depending on the requirements of your model-year, Hardware shown may or may not ship with your item.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Can anyone 2nd this????? I looked at it a few times. Dont mean to 2nd guess you teraflex but I am just wondering who else agress with the hp numbers and better response.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
akawilliam said:
Can anyone 2nd this????? I looked at it a few times. Dont mean to 2nd guess you teraflex but I am just wondering who else agress with the hp numbers and better response.
Teraflx was just posting the ad that was included in the ebay auction, it's verbatim from the link you posted.

A good coil is a good thing in the automotive world, but it's more often for reliability and consistent spark. Personally I wouldn't buy one unless my oem coil was out of commission, and even then I'd keep an oem one on backup.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
akawilliam said:
No problem man, I just copied it from what the auction said it was good for, not from my experiance.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Maddog56 said:
A good coil is a good thing in the automotive world, but it's more often for reliability and consistent spark. Personally I wouldn't buy one unless my oem coil was out of commission, and even then I'd keep an oem one on backup.
so you think this coil is crappy?? why or why not?? sorry for the quiestioning but im trying to learn some more.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The elementary school case would start by saying the first clue is that no one has heard of them or has owned one. That'll tell you they aren't very popular and therefore are less likely to be good. Another hint should be that they're only availible on e-bay, these kind of performance parts are almost always found in major retail, or at least online retail outlets.

But all if this is circumstantial and heresay, because no one has ever thought well enough about this product to purchase it, install it, and then tell the world how great it is. There are those out there with "magic power boxes" that think they're getting more hp, but no dyno has shown that. Even the relatively unknown Nology plug wire has dyno tests and time in pro race shops to back it up. The next tip should be the claimed hp increase, 3-5hp. A dyna or vortex cdi won't show you that, nor will replacement of any other electrical item on the machine.

If you want to be the guinea pig be my guest, as I said I wouldn't touch it unless I needed a replacement and even then I'd want a backup oem. There are lots of people who have the time/money to try these things first, if you're one of them then good luck.

·
Registered
426 Posts
look it even fits a 2006 raptor?!?!?!??!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I work at AMR I have installed one on my bike and my friedns have one one there bikes. I noticed a small difference no were near 3-5hp as the claim but the plus actually does seem to last longer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
not enought budget to be guinea pig hahaha anyways, monster coil users got any dyno charts??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts