·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use these before?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
are you wanting them for snow or sand? If you are looking for sand tires, cheap, sand gecko makes good cheap tires. If you dont care about the cost go with ITP Sand Stars or Skat-Trak Edge for duning and Haulers for hill climbing/dragging.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
DECEPTiON21 said:
are you wanting them for snow or sand? If you are looking for sand tires, cheap, sand gecko makes good cheap tires. If you dont care about the cost go with ITP Sand Stars or Skat-Trak Edge for duning and Haulers for hill climbing/dragging.
The geckos are cheap tires, but I wouldnt necessarily call them good. ;)

As CSR said the zippers are similar to the maxxis and ohtsu made tires. Basically a cheaper knock-off and appear to be fine if you're not racing with them. Never ran them myself, but have seen them out in the snow.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
they are good if you cant afford Stars or Skat Traks. They will be better than runnin stock tires on the sand.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
DECEPTiON21 said:
they are good if you cant afford Stars or Skat Traks. They will be better than runnin stock tires on the sand.
There are certainly better low-price paddles to choose from.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Money is really not the issue. Just have a pretty nice deal on a set w/wheels and was wondering if there worth the $.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
if you can afford it get the best...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DECEPTiON21 said:
if you can afford it get the best...
Didnt mean that to come out snobby, money not being the issue is I have saved the necessary $ to buy a set of sand tires :thumbsup:

Here we dont have dunes so something that will work in sand then in the occasional creek crossing etc is what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
its your call about tires then, if you dont have dunes i wouldnt go with a full blown sand tire. JMO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts