Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Simple question here.

I bought some Amsoil for atv and its 0-40W full synth but usually i buy some other cheap brand at 12$ and its 10-40W full synth.

Just wondering if ill be fine with it?

Stupid store dident have anything else but at 16$ i couldent resist.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The 0w just means it'll work better in colder climates than the 10w-40.

If this is the stuff then you'll be fine:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is.

Thanks Mike just wanted to make shure.

Its like really hot today so im going for a ride then oil change time!

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL i always say that exact same thing: Dont forget to change your crush washer buy a new one! LOL

I was just wondering about the oil weight wasent sure 0W-40 would be ok.

Well Amsoil really does make a difference REALLY compared to my cheap synth oil i was using.

My Rappy runs smoother...I can actually feel it and hear it, its night and day.
Shifts are way smoother like buttery...engages smoothly, starts with first gear arent as clunky or prone to jerks anymore.
Power...Nope that dident change at all, and speed wasent affected but all in all a way better smoother operation.

AMSOIL DOES MAKE A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE!

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Hey guys,

Simple question here.

I bought some Amsoil for atv and its 0-40W full synth but usually i buy some other cheap brand at 12$ and its 10-40W full synth.

Just wondering if ill be fine with it?

Stupid store dident have anything else but at 16$ i couldent resist.

Thanks
I wouldn't run anything but Amsoil. It's the best all around oil and for being in a cold area it will help with the condinsation in the motor. I do mine twice a year since it holds up better and I have their air filter so I know not much dirt is getting sucked in.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I too use Amsoil 10w40. Its gets a little toasty down here in South Texas during the summer. It the only oil I run.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I wouldn't run anything but Amsoil. It's the best all around oil and for being in a cold area it will help with the condinsation in the motor. I do mine twice a year since it holds up better and I have their air filter so I know not much dirt is getting sucked in.
What's that part number? Ive been wanting to run that filter if I can find one

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
What's that part number? Ive been wanting to run that filter if I can find one
Me too, but I forgot the part number to the K&N I got to cross reference it with.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I got mine from Capenter so talk to him. I'm not sure what the number is, mine is for the prodesign but they have other intakes even for the fci. I hope he's still is doing the Amsoil thing if not he can point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about those filters, easy to clean too

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about those filters, easy to clean too
Oiless and you just blow them off with air.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
The oiless is a great thing. The k&n oil is fine but the notoil is horrible to deal with. I wore gloves and it still got on my hands and then not flushing oil down the drain.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
That no toil oil is a joke. It goes everywhere except where you want it.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I use it and dont have any problems with it. It sure is sticky! Ill probably buy a amsoil filter later on with the big 3 if i ever get there!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use twin air and as for the notoil yes the oil is real tacky and hard to get off your hands but suppose to be environmental friendly. I also have been using 0-40 Amsoil in all my quads and K&N oil filters.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just bought a FRAM oil filter 10$ thats good enough for me! I wouldent buy anything from K&N there is just too much hype around that company something makes me doubtfull that K&n is really better than any other out there. An Amsoil filter is the way to go. It filters alot more than the K&N plus no oiling to bother with. Im pretty sure Amsoil is working on an oil filter of somekind. It wont be long before we see it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just bought a FRAM oil filter 10$ thats good enough for me! I wouldent buy anything from K&N there is just too much hype around that company something makes me doubtfull that K&n is really better than any other out there. An Amsoil filter is the way to go. It filters alot more than the K&N plus no oiling to bother with. Im pretty sure Amsoil is working on an oil filter of somekind. It wont be long before we see it.
Amsoil currently offers the WIX 24935 oil filter for 700R.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts