Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixing to change oil and my buddy recommended amsoil 0w40. Wondering if anybody else uses this and if they like it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I could`nt find any around here so i just used yamahlube 10w-30 I would reconmend you to use it at we wont see any more hot days in georgia and 10w-30 is right in are temp range thru out late summer/fall/winter for summer time i would wuse the yamalube 20w-50 they got. I know you got the money for some yamalube buy it it`s a good oil. also get a yamaha oil filter if you cant afford that atlest get yamalube and a frame tough guard are bosh filter. You will want to buy atlest 3qts when changeing the oil and filter I have decided to change my filter every oil change ever 10-13hrs i guess of rideing just to know there is a good filter and oil in it at all times. I got about 6 hrs of rideing since last change. Look into them cool engine and oil drain plugs on ebay. They have uniqe magnetic end and you can get the oil plug for like 9shiped are both oil and engine drain plug for something like 16 shiped on ebay. I be buying me some next oil change to collect any metal runing thru the system

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
the ow40 is for small engine 4 stroke(trimmer, lawn mower) you should run 10w40 motorcycle oil from amsoil.
mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts