1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
What happen?

·
Lifetime Premium
1,776 Posts
Let's see, the muffler bearing sprung a leak?? UM no wait.......... ;)

Nice job nate :eek:

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
That sucks. Makes me think again on getting a Hot Rod crank. Looks like you got a nice paper weight now.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Looks like another radius clearance problem.

These cranks are preassembled I assume with the one bearing and timing gear, is this correct.......???????

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Yeah Willy they are preassembled with the bearing and timing gear on.
So whoever is assembling these cranks aren't paying attention to the clearance between the radius of the crank and bearing, any contact between these radiuses is fatal.............:)

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
My hot rod crank came with the crank pin welded. Wonder when they quit welding them.

Who did you buy this crank from?

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Is the crank pin welded (pin that the conecting rod and bearing is on).

Just wondering if they have changed them since I bought mine. Yours doesnt look like it is tig welded in the pics, unless i just cant see it.

Keep us up to date on how they handle it.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Is the crank pin welded (pin that the conecting rod and bearing is on).

Just wondering if they have changed them since I bought mine. Yours doesnt look like it is tig welded in the pics, unless i just cant see it.

Keep us up to date on how they handle it.
If they handle it like they did mine you won't get a response at all. But I didn't buy mine direct from them but it was new from eBay. I never heard anything back about mine though but I'm sure I screwed it up myself now.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If they handle it like they did mine you won't get a response at all. But I didn't buy mine direct from them but it was new from eBay. I never heard anything back about mine though but I'm sure I screwed it up myself now.
Well that sucks.

That is one of the draw backs of ebay too. I bet any sponcers, or builders would have taken care of it.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Email sent Sunday night with pictures to hot rods.... no reply as of 9pm Tuesday.... send another?
I would give them hell on the phone. Email is non personal.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Well that sucks.

That is one of the draw backs of ebay too. I bet any sponcers, or builders would have taken care of it.
Yeah it was bought off a a person who bought it but never used it. I only paid $125 for it so I can't complain. I bought the next one from a good dealer though. He has GREAT customer service but next time if it breaks I have a few stock stock cranks and will send one to Barkers to make it a bit bigger the a +4;).

To the OP I also e-mailed them and never got a response. I seen that the people that got help from them called but I did not try much past a couple e-mails to get ahold of them because of where I bought mine and I also had to buy another ASAP so I already had one installed and running in a week and wasn't worried about the broken one. Now if I broke the one I have now it would be different...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts