Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to puttin this thing on about an hour ago and its probably the best thing for driveabilty for sure. The 1st gear is pretty short on these things especially when modded like mine and well I needed to do it so I did. Dont know what the top speed is but Im guessing 81-83 or so- I will find out by radar soon though 8). With my torque I can still pull 5th gear wheelies but its pretty hard now compared to before(yesterday). The pavement is the only place I can actually do it but its calmed the torque down I believe which is a good this because its brutal 8). Anyway, if you think 1st is too short swap the sprocket :grin_nod: Great lookin sprocket Renthal makes 8)
Hey, LNS- one more update for me please, its the last one for a long time I promise :thumbsup:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I put mine on this weekend too. Then I took it to some local trails... Awsome! No more wasted power in 1st. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I just ordered mine today and I am stoked to get it!! 8)

·
Registered
50 Posts
where did u order your renthal 15 tooth sprocket :3question:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldnt do the 15t and 22" tires with a stocker, only with the big three or more(like me). Even modded like me I personally wouldnt go 22" rear, its tall enough now for me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
I wouldnt do the 15t and 22" tires with a stocker, only with the big three or more(like me). Even modded like me I personally wouldnt go 22" rear, its tall enough now for me :thumbsup:
i did the 15t, then went and put 22"s on it, it sucked in tightwoods riding, but out in open riding it was a blast 8)

·
Registered
468 Posts
If you are riding sand then you can use 15t/22" tire combo pretty well. I switched at the end of the summer and was really impressed how it spread the power out for me. If you are a big drag racer, 2nd gear starts are not going to be what they used to be, unless the sand is really loose. I still do 2nd gear starts and the new bite in third more than makes up for it though, in my opinion. I am happy with the switch.

Craig,

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I still think the 15T with 20's for woods riding is the best mod I have ever done! Made the bike feel like I gained just as much power doing this as adding the 3-mods!
Tied everything together rather well! Made the power usable. Gained several lengths in drag racing on hard pack.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i do a little of everything whoops ,woods, sand hills and drags just wondering if would be a better set up or will i be over geared for the hills . i think what a may do is wait till i need some new tires and go with 21 gncc then put the 15t . seems like just going up to a 15t with 22 would sacrafice to much low end to be a good all around set up .

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I personally would not run 22's AND a 15T. Thats just me though. thats some SERIOUSLY tall gearing. Its equal to 16/37 with 20's

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I feel the same way boom. Mine is torque as hell and I wouldnt do it because its easier for the engine to lug unless you rev the piss out of it everwere you go going 15t and 22". If you like to rev the 700R might not be the quad for ya. Its a short shiftin, "pull a bulldog through a pine knot" ride 8)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anybody tried the 15t on 20" sand star paddles for sand hill climbing?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I run with the 20 inch sand stars and 15 tooth front sprocket, I was worried it wasn't gonna be what I wanted when I bought it but I figured it's cheap so why not. When I finally tried the 15 tooth at Olds in Glamis Let's just say I had no reason to worry. I had a friend with a trinity modded 700 who I would get a about a length on climbing Olds with the stock sprocket. With the 15 tooth I walk on him all the way up

·
Registered
468 Posts
This is for Sand only and my experience. The 15t with the 22's made it more rideable. I didn't feel that I lost any low end and in fact made 1st gear much more usable. Before, 1st was too low to climb with and third was too high. Now I can use 1st more, 2nd is stronger, and third is better than ever. It might not be for everybody but for $7.00, it is definitely worth a try. But if you don't install yourself don't let anybody put a link in your chain. It will fit.

Craig,

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
stock chain and stock rear sprocket wil work. If you have a lot of use on them though, its recomended that you change all of them at the same time. When I did it, I had minimal use on the chain and rear sprocket, so I just changed out the front. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
They only have 10-15 hours on them. But I have ridden it hard from the start. I figure if it breaks it would be better if it happens under warranty. From what everyone has said this seems like it should be fine to just mount it and go.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.