Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently i have my lid off with stock filterand exhaust with sparky out. before i was running lean. now with the dobeck adjusted to 4 6 7 6 .. it runs pretty good, noticed a gain in power. but my plug color is still a white color, maybe a very light tan color. now are my pots on a lean side??? or is this color ok and will i gain much more but fattening it up more?? new to this game so all the info will help me .. thanks guys.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Your settings don't look too lean to me. If I had your mods, I would probably start with 3:30-6-6-7 but I've never ran mine like yours either so I can say for sure.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If it's not popping on decel and it's not laying over anywhere through the throttle range I'd say you're fine.

Don't get too wrapped up with plug color, today's clean burning pump gas will leave much less residue on a plug then the older gas did, much less.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok. i race flat track w/ a blaster and run 110 cam2 race gas and i get a good toasty color with that fuel, i was worried that i may be still on the lean side...

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok now after you said it , it does pop on decel only at a lower rpm decel around idle, sounds like a crackley pop sound... when it does pop what does that mean.. lean or rich and on what pot the yellow or greeen???

·
Registered
78 Posts
Popping on decel is a lean condition and it sounds like you may have a slight lean condition on the bottom...slight (don't over-react ok). I'd fatten up the 1st pot and see how it responds.

p.s. You can't correlate plug readings from 2-strokes to thumpers, most of the color you see on a 2-stroke plug is from the oil in the premix.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Not trying to jack this thread but I also have a dobeck question.I just installed mine with the other mods in my sig and have it set @4,7,8,7,it runs great no poping,no glowing headers,pulls hard...but when I pulled the plug it looks a little on the light side,how would I tweak my settings to make it a little more fat?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Anyone? :3question:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mike, read my 1st post in this thread.

Same advice for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts