Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got done with this bike this week. We were real happy that we have our system so dialed now with all the bikes we have done that there was no tuning needed. Just made some pulls.

This is ball bearing dual inj E85 kit. On the E85 we have now gone to dual inj. Seems the 1100cc inj we run like to clog up too easy and the dual gives us more room for later. Much more then a 1100cc inj on Stock ECU is very hard to tune out.

This kit is running Dual 560cc injectors. We are also using the PCV now with timing control and it works good. I was able to add 3hp at 8k with the timing control. Being on stock motor I left the timing out for now.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
It only takes a week to build that? damn :D gj.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
these threads make me want a 700. STOP IT

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks again Lucas. I picked up the bike and went straight to the dunes and rode for 6-7 hours with no problems at all. I love the fact that it makes over 100hp and fuel cost is about the same as 87 octane. Lucas and Tj did a great job on my bike. The fab work on this kit is awesome. All the welds look really good. I defiantly recommend English racing. They really know what they are doing and worked with my time line. I will get some pics and vids up soon.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Thanks again Lucas. I picked up the bike and went straight to the dunes and rode for 6-7 hours with no problems at all. I love the fact that it makes over 100hp and fuel cost is about the same as 87 octane. Lucas and Tj did a great job on my bike. The fab work on this kit is awesome. All the welds look really good. I defiantly recommend English racing. They really know what they are doing and worked with my time line. I will get some pics and vids up soon.
Same fuel cost as 87? Forgive me if I sound ignorant, because maybe there is something else that needs to be done, but I thought the first post said this bike was running E85? What is that costing where you are from? It's roughly 40 cents cheaper a gallon than 87 out here in Michigan. I would think that should make your fuel cost less, right? Unless they are charging the same, or unless you need to do some kind of mixing. Again, I don't know the process, or if it's more involved than just dumping some 85 in the tank or not, so if it is, my apologies! Either way, that's a lot of ponies! :beer:

·
Registered
664 Posts
It may be because 1 gallon of E85 does not equal 1 gallon of gasoline.. It takes roughly 1 1/3 gallons of E85 for 1 gallon of gasoline..I think thats right...lol

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Now this is getting very confusing, lol.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I agree but I get confused rather easily...

·
Registered
52 Posts
U would USE 1 1/3 gallons of e85 compared to 1 gallon of normal unleaded. That's why most of the time u need to upgrade ur injectors and pump when switching to e85

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
U would USE 1 1/3 gallons of e85 compared to 1 gallon of normal unleaded. That's why most of the time u need to upgrade ur injectors and pump when switching to e85
Meaning that where he is burning through 1 1/3 gallons of e85 in the same amount of time it would normally take him to burn 1 gallon of 87? So e85 burns quicker? Am I understanding correctly?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not exactly, e85 actually burns slower then regular 87, partly to do with its higher octane rating. Also, from my understanding e85 has less energy per unit then regular fuel, so a greater amount of fuel needs to be used. But since e85 has a higher octane rating then normal 87 more timing can be added, and it supposedly makes the engine run cooler, which results in more power. I don't fully understand e85 so this is just my understanding of it. Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
No, lol, it actually made it more confusing. It would have probably helped me out more had you just agreed with me lol!!! I would have been happily ignorant. Oh well. By "burns quicker" that's what I meant though, a greater amount of fuel needs to be used, therefore, the cost comes out to be about the same. Maybe I am getting it...

·
Registered
436 Posts
:confused:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts