Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have looked a trough the forum but i want to have a better advice for my needs...

I already purchased the air intake . I only want to add the EFI and a complete exhaust line. Not planning to add cam, piston or wathever... I have to putback the stock exhaust during winter due to regional trail club regulations... and respect of people who autorise right-of-way :eek:

Do DMC afterburner duals really worth over a single FMF 4.1/Powerbomb...

DMC's look so nice but my wallet is not sure.... FMF seem to have a good quiet insert allowing me to keep it during winter...

maybe i think to much :confused:

?????

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
if you are going for power, duals are the way to go. and yes you can get quite cores for alot of exhausts. but before you make your final desion, i would go to google and look up the great " 700 raptor exhaust shootout " or if your going for duals, get some Barkers. you can get the quite cores and sparkies for them as well.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I'm from Quebec too and I run my Barker duals all year round. It's surprising to see how many people bitch about them on the local forums, but out on the trails things aren't as extreme. I've been running my pipes for 1.5 years now, about 10000 km's and I have yet to get a ticket or even a warning about them. I've been stopped by patrollers and cops more times than I can count... As long as you use your throttle responsibly and everything else checks out (paperwork, mirror, plate placement, speedometer, lights on, helmet, etc) they won't bother you. A friend of mine has 30000 kms on his bike with a pipe and he never got a ticket for it either.

The Barkers are nice, but they are loud. Even with the quiet core in, they are still very loud. Before I had the duals, I was using a single Trinity and the quietcore for that unit was very good at keeping things civilized. It was still loud when you really gunned it, but with light to moderate throttle it wasn't any worse than stock (a bit deeper, but not louder).

Can't say I'm a big fan of Trinity. I've had terrible luck with their customer service and the quality of some of the parts on the pipe I had was so-so. The quietcore unit for one was an issue, the screen blew off on the first 20 minutes of using it and the whole unit was loose in the pipe and made an insane rattle. Nothing that can't be fixed, but you'd think a 8-900$ pipe system would be nice and tight.

In fact as far as I know most if not all pipes have the same output size, so I'm pretty sure some quietcore units are interchangeable. You just might be able to run Trinity quietcores in a Barker pipe...?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone.... What a dilemma... I prefer the look of the dmc's but force 4 seem to not be recommended with only the 3's and they dont have quiet core. I dont like the afterburner because the head pipes pass under the seat.....

Barker's have a really interesting product's offering quiet core but is also the most expensive.... This is probably the biggest too

For other duals sytems i dont want to talk about it lolol beurk !!!

As a machinist i'm starting thinking about making my own custom head pipe and fit 2 slip on to it.... :)'

·
Registered
366 Posts
Force 4's work great with just the big three and you can get quiet cores for them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Monsters are great too. Also available with quiet cores. All of the duals are about the same sound wise. And from my experience duals are quit a bit quieter than all the singles i've heard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i have looked a trough the forum but i want to have a better advice for my needs...

I already purchased the K&N air intake . I only want to add the EFI and a complete exhaust line. Not planning to add cam, piston or wathever... I have to putback the stock exhaust during winter due to regional trail club regulations... and respect of people who autorise right-of-way :eek:

Do DMC afterburner duals really worth over a single FMF 4.1/Powerbomb...

DMC's look so nice but my wallet is not sure.... FMF seem to have a good quiet insert allowing me to keep it during winter...

maybe i think to much :confused:

?????
You are right that DMC's look so nice. How much is your budget for that? I just spent a little of my money in my wallet. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts