Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So before I jet and do everything (I really wanna try to get it on the first try) Here's my set up

HMF Competition Slip-On
Pro Flow UNI intake (No Lid)

I have a 150 main, and a 25 Pilot. Should I drop one on the clip too? I ride at sea level. Thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have a HMF slip-on, K/N filter with several 1 inch holes in the air box and run a 25 pilot (2 turns out), 155 main, and clip dropped one position on the needle. Ran that setup for 1000 miles last summer between 1000-1400 ft with no problems. Plug was alittle black but never failed.

Keep in mind what controls what.

idle to 1/4 throttle - pilot jet
1/4 to 3/4 throttle - carb needle position
3/4 to full throttle - main jet

Haven't tried it yet but heard a great way to fine tune your jetting is to use a new/clean plug in each of the 3 ranges above. Example, warm engine and put in new plug, run it up to 1/4 throttle for a couple hundred yards and check plug. Once you have the pilot jet set right, do same to the next two ranges above in order. I guess this way will highlight how each of the 3 ranges is performing.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, i've heard that. I did my jetting and the intake today, i'm waiting on my exhaust to come in and really hopping I don't need to rejet...

EDIT: I forgot to ask, I put the new main in, but I had to leave that cylinder like piece off because this jet was wider. That's fine, right?

·
Registered
64 Posts
You sure you have the right main jet? 150? You shouldn't need to take the cylinder piece off. I have a 155 main and didn't have to.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It fit perfectly, and I ran the bike and everything was good. It was good through all the RPMs. It was a small round Mikuni jet, I got it from a Yamaha dealer, so 'm assuming they know what they were doing...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.