Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I put on the LTE's and the bike runs great! Thanks again to Raptor Randy for the custom map!
The question is I have an Elka shock and the rez. hose is really close to the pipe, about 1/8". I pulled it over as hard as I can and zipped tied it. I then put some heat shield tape on the hose and now it just barely touches the pipe. Do you guys think that's o.k.?? I rode it yesterday for a couple of hours and no problems yet.
On the right side the pipe comes really close to the air box. I again put heat shield tape there and it just barely touches the pipe. After my 2 hr. ride I looked inside the plastic air box and it looks fine.
So I'm more concerned about the remote rez. hose because I can't see if it's burning or not. The banjo bolt on the Elka comes out at 9 o'clock, if I could move the banjo bolt down to 7 o'clock it would get more clearance.
My second question is can i loosen that banjo bolt and turn it down, so the hose will be lower, without it starting a leak or would I have to send the whole shock to a shop to move it an 1/8 turn ??
Sorry for the long post. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Glad to hear you like the map, I have not had any problem with melting my air box or anything else for that matter. I would make sure that the line to your remote ressi does not make contact with the pipe, if it's close it should be fine but do not let it come into contact with it at all.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
daytonaman said:
Mine TOUCH the air box, and it has not melted. :thumbsup:

That is odd, I have a good 1/2'' of clearance between the mid pipes and the airbox.

Do you have a spacer between the mid pipe mount and the frame by any chance?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts