Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys great forum, already learned a lot just in the few weeks that i've been a member. Bought the new rappy two weeks ago, and it is awesome. I previously owned a 2003 400ex, which was my first wheeler. Great first bike to learn on, but nothing like the 700. Going from that bike to this one was like night and day. The rappy has sooooo much more power and top speed. It seems like it just wants to keep pulling through all the gears. Can you say white knuckles. Anyway just a couple questions. First what is the right way to break-in the bike. I have a read and heard mixed ideas on this topic. An interesting website i found bout the breaking in time/process, http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm. This guy seems to know what he talking about. Anyones input is much appreciated. Also when i start to accelerate under load, meaning not in first, i hear a hollow sound. Is that normal?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Don't know about the sound you talking abot but as for breaking her in, to each there own. But for me it was ride it like you stole it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've got 10 ride it like you stole it break in hours so far. I plan on doing my first oil change tomorrow.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Welcome B-Dubs, I broke mine in easy the first few hours.
Then It was let her Go as I intend to ride It.
Im also unsure of the sound your talking about.

Robe

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
the sound you are talking about is probably the bikes way of telling you to downshift. You are probably in too high a gear for the slower speed you are trying to take off in.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
The first couple tanks of gas on a new motor I stay away from WOT, after that I'll ride it hard....Its your quad, ride it how you like.. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I think i might know the sound your referring to. If you have a minute and your bored, go and take your seat off and your air box lid. Start it up and see if that is the noise your talking about. You might need to rev it a bit. I noticed somthing of a hollow noise as well, when under throttle on mine. I don't think it is anything to worry about.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Try pulling your air box lid off and see if the noise is the same but louder. I'll bet you're just hearing it breathing. I didn't baby mine at all except maybe limition my WOT time. Read the forum for other tips and tricks, you'll love it!
Enjoy the bike!!!!

J.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts