Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just joined the forum to learn about my new 700.
Admittedly don't know anything about it, but want to learn so I can do my own maintenance.
Thanks for having me, looking forward to lots of reading, starting with how to do the first oil change, and hopefully upgrade the headlight for night riding.

· Registered
4,025 Posts
Oil change is easy, remove the oil line from the bottom of the oil tank, clean the screen on it if there's any crud on it.
Otherwise, it's a simple drain and fill.
The filter is 3 bolts under a cover.
As for the lights, led pods, and/or an led light bar on the handlebars is your best bet.
Also, a poly/plastic(not aluminum) case saver is highly recommended.
T&M Designworks, DRW, Upp, and Moose all make good ones.
A CuervoRacing Early-On fan thermostat is also a good idea.
From there, you can mod it to your riding style however you like, there are lots of options.

· Registered
4,025 Posts
Thank you @Sixpack577 for the tips.
Never would have thought about a lower temp fan thermostat.

Question. Should I pour half the new oil into the crankcase, and the rest into the oil tank?
Yes
I also bought a CFM oil tank.
It holds another quart, so cooler oil and more oil pressure, the tank is aluminum vs stock steel, so it disapates heat quicker/cooler oil, and the tank model I got had 2 holes/tubes welded in for air flow/cooler oil.
Cooler engines live longer, and you will never get it to run too cold.

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Whitney do you have a service manual?
No I don't.
I spend a few months each winter in Mexico, just bought it recently in La Paz, and have a Spanish owners manual, not service manual.
Completed its first oil change yesterday, and the low pressure tire gauge I ordered finally arrived, so I could check my tire pressure, and I let a bit out. Rode a bunch today, probably clean the air filter tomorrow, haven't done that yet.
Would like to find a good gas can rack, need to carry extra gas sometimes.
Never owned a sport quad before, just Honda Foremans around the farm in Canada. Really enjoying it so far, usually ride dirt bikes, but liking the quad so far.

· Administrator
9,525 Posts
What kind of dirt bikes do you have. I will PM you concerning the manual.

Reactions: Whitney

· Administrator
9,525 Posts
Pretty solid bikes there. Have had WR’s, CR,’s, YZ’s myself. Picked up a mint 09WR250F I ride as well. In process of making it street legal. Just need to throw DOT tires on at this point. Then I can connect trails via dirt roads.

Reactions: Whitney

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty solid bikes there. Have had WR’s, CR,’s, YZ’s myself. Picked up a mint 09WR250F I ride as well. In process of making it street legal. Just need to throw DOT tires on at this point. Then I can connect trails via dirt roads.
Fun stuff, i had a CR 125 for a few years as a teenager, but never ridden a YZ or WR.
Have an XR250R, XR600R, and an XR650L which is street legal.

· Registered
4,025 Posts
No I don't.
I spend a few months each winter in Mexico, just bought it recently in La Paz, and have a Spanish owners manual, not service manual.
Completed its first oil change yesterday, and the low pressure tire gauge I ordered finally arrived, so I could check my tire pressure, and I let a bit out. Rode a bunch today, probably clean the air filter tomorrow, haven't done that yet.
Would like to find a good gas can rack, need to carry extra gas sometimes.
Never owned a sport quad before, just Honda Foremans around the farm in Canada. Really enjoying it so far, usually ride dirt bikes, but liking the quad so far.
You didn't get a tire guage in your tool kit?
You should have.

· Administrator
9,525 Posts
Had horses when I was younger, never really cared for the feeling of riding them. Just wasn’t my thing. Nice pic for sure. Appaloosa?

· Registered
4,025 Posts
Mexico is great, as is dirt biking, and quad rides in the Baja.

But I still miss my favorite ride who is back in Canada.
I have friends with horses, who ask me to ride, but I'm like Morph...not my thing...as I don't like riding anything that thinks for itself, lol.
The horses I've seen all seem to like their female owners better than men too...and look like they'de love to chuck me down through the bushes, lmao.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts