Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is another stem I built this last week. It is a +1" 4130 1/8" wall chromoly tubing tig welded throughout. This one is for PSMsandrap.
They weigh about 2 lbs. more than a stock yamaha potmetal stem but guaran damn tee you won't bend this one haha! :D
I have some more material leftover if anybody else wants one. You would have to cut off the head and spline sections about 3" away from the welds and I will grind the sections out that I need. PM me if anybody's interested 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
good job man are you gonna show the 660 guys any love with these stems?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah man I can do the 660 stems also but the only problem is the head unit on the 660 is cast and pressed on. So you would need to find a head unit off of a bent up 700 stem and then send it to me with the splines off your 660 stem.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
gotcha. what are these sellin for?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont really have a price set! I just traded this one to sandrap for an amp he has. I do trades so watchya got? I know new these sell for around 400 but I'm not even askin half that for them.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The spline section has a hex head originally but I turn it down in my lathe then insert it into the new tubing. After welding it I drill a little hole about 1/4" up from the weld and add another weld bead there to act as a woodruff key of sorts. Then the top section is full pin welded on every connection point unlike the way yamaha does it. They only weld it in half as many places and the top plate is like 20 guage potmetal on the oem stem but I upgrade that to 3/16" plate. This stem is solid man you could rip it right out of the quad with your truck and not bend it LOL

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
i dont really have anything to trade. i got a girlfriend im tired of. so how about her and $400. sound good? :lol:

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
All you need to do is add an anti vibe bar mount and youve got yourself a little business going buddy:D they look real nice btw

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont really have anything to trade. i got a girlfriend im tired of. so how about her and $400. sound good? :lol:
LMAO haha no thanks buddy i'll build ya 2 stems to keep her there haha

:lol: Good looking stem Carp!!!!!!
Thanks bro I'm waitin for you to bend yours then you'll be callin haha you cornmunchen sob
All you need to do is add an anti vibe bar mount and youve got yourself a little business going buddy:D they look real nice btw
Thanks man yeah that's a good idea! I couldn't market these things on here though unless I'm a vendor. But I'm pretty sure I can hook up my bro's with'em for just labor or trades!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha that's hilarious!
I don't have any plastics but I will keep my eye out for ya! ;)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh'! Yeah shit I could always use some spares! Send me some pics to my email address. [email protected]

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey man how did that bullhorn turn out? Did you get it all back in shape?

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Lol funny story I was just using as is and wrecked saturday and I think it saved my quad ALOT of hurting and it is still in good shape :). But gonna get it all fixed up next week. And as for the plastics I'm converting to the 08 SEII so if I can sell them outright I won't be so much in the hole while buying the black ones. So I'll keep in touch about a trade.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol funny story I was just using as is and wrecked saturday and I think it saved my quad ALOT of hurting and it is still in good shape :). But gonna get it all fixed up next week. And as for the plastics I'm converting to the 08 SEII so if I can sell them outright I won't be so much in the hole while buying the black ones. So I'll keep in touch about a trade.
Oh yeah man I love those black plastics! I actually thought about just painting mine. I still may but I have a few deep scratches that will needto be sanded out first.
But yeah man keep it in mind for sure! ;)

Very nice Carp! First class job!:thumbsup:
Thanks woods! Yeah it really isn't all that difficult just somewhat time consuming because of the steps involved. Especially painting in this cold weather is abitch. I have already stripped and reshot this stem 3 times now. I finally talked the wife into letting me let it dry in the guest bathroom haha!

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
LOL nice! Well I sold the plastics SO maybe in a few weeks with tax returns I'll be given you a call :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts