Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an oil leak and I'm almost positive it's coming from the " seal and o-ring" behind the front sprocket. I took the front sprocket and the cover plate behind the sprocket off and I can see the seal. How hard is it to replace that seal and o-ring? It leaks oil every time I drive it. It doesn't leak a drop when the quad has been cleaned dried and sitting. Any suggestions or help on how to would be nice. I would probably be doing this work before/during the weekend.

·
Master of the Electron
15,622 Posts
Have you downloaded the manual? Full procedure is in it.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have an oil leak and I'm almost positive it's coming from the " seal and o-ring" behind the front sprocket. I took the front sprocket and the cover plate behind the sprocket off and I can see the seal. How hard is it to replace that seal and o-ring? It leaks oil every time I drive it. It doesn't leak a drop when the quad has been cleaned dried and sitting. Any suggestions or help on how to would be nice. I would probably be doing this work before/during the weekend.
It is very simple, remove sprocket, pull the sleeve out and the seal is easy to remove then, and do not pry against the cases............:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would download the manual but I go on this website using my iPod.
Also when you pull the seal out you can see another seal behind it( yellow on my case if that makes a difference) is there supposed to be oil in between these two seals? I pulled the seal out that is directly behind that cover plate and a bit of oil came out.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I would download the manual but I go on this website using my iPod.
Also when you pull the seal out you can see another seal behind it( yellow on my case if that makes a difference) is there supposed to be oil in between these two seals? I pulled the seal out that is directly behind that cover plate and a bit of oil came out.
That is the seal in the bearing...............;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Check the metal sleeve for any wear because if it has any grooves worn in it the new seal wont help and you will need to replace the sleeve along with the seal and o-ring

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
im having a hard time getting the oil seal out for some reason..any tips i should know of?
Get a couple picks behind the seal ..Or sometimes I put a small dry wall screw or 2 in the seal very carfully & grab them with plyers or something.
But remember like Willy said dont pry on the case..

·
Registered
40 Posts
i just got it out, i thought it was just a soft seal, didnt know it was reinforced on the inside i was just trying to pick away at the plastic part of it..rookie mistake. im sure there will be more of those to come..but after i realized that it took 2 seconds. thanks for the reply tho, i like the screw idea thats pretty clever.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Did someone say manual LOL...

Check my SiG.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts