Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do all SKAT TRAK tires come in the one brand of carcass? or are they from random tires? I have heard of some in nankang and kenda carcasses, and I just won a set on ebay that are cheng shin. Just wanted to make sure I didn't buy knockoffs or whatever.

by carcass, I mean a buffed tire of any brand.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i dont know what the hell you just said lol

from what i can collect, yamahas come with dunlops

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the question was about SKAT TRAK TIRES. I bought a set of skat trak extremes that say Cheng Shin on the sidewall. I was wondering if SKAT TRAK has a rhyme or reason to which brand of tires they use.

I have also heard that you can send your stock tires in to skat trak and have them buffed and paddles glued on. That made me think that someone might have done that with the tires I bought.

·
Registered
579 Posts
rabara9 said:
the question was about SKAT TRAK TIRES. I bought a set of skat trak extremes that say Cheng Shin on the sidewall. I was wondering if SKAT TRAK has a rhyme or reason to which brand of tires they use.

I have also heard that you can send your stock tires in to skat trak and have them buffed and paddles glued on. That made me think that someone might have done that with the tires I bought.
Skat uses what ever carcase they can procure for cheap that are light. There are some "knock off" other buffed tires for sale on ebay. I dont know how good they are but they arent skat traks. I really like my skat trak extremes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think skat-trac started with nankang and then switched to kenda. Kendas are heavier but not ny much. Kendas are what I use with no problems. Not sure about Cheng Shin.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The Cheng Shin carcass is the more desired carcass on the Haulers. It usually comes on the 20" tires, and they used to make 22" tires with them as well. A year or two ago they started making the 22" Haulers on Kenda Dominator carcasses which are quite a bit heavier. This is why you are seeing buffed, double buffed, tripple buffed tires, which gets the weight down a bit.

So...be glad you got the Cheng Shins...they're going to be a pound or two lighter per tire than the Kenda carcass tires :thumbsup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, that answers my question. I feel better now. I picked them up brand new, 20x10-8 7 paddle, for $98 shipped. God bless ebay.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
nwquadriders said:
The Cheng Shin carcass is the more desired carcass on the Haulers. It usually comes on the 20" tires, and they used to make 22" tires with them as well. A year or two ago they started making the 22" Haulers on Kenda Dominator carcasses which are quite a bit heavier. This is why you are seeing buffed, double buffed, tripple buffed tires, which gets the weight down a bit.

So...be glad you got the Cheng Shins...they're going to be a pound or two lighter per tire than the Kenda carcass tires :thumbsup:
That's why we lost the 21" paddle for a while, couldn't get the dominator for that size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts