Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so after a complete winter biuld quad is finally back together... only problem is sometimes i have spark for a bit then others i cant get any spark.. quad has not run since the build. my question is if the wire harness is new the cdi is new the starter relay is new the neutral swich is new... what else should i replace...

i just bought a new igntion coil... aftermarket..

thinking of new pickup coil for the stator also... any ideas?

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
I'd be looking for a mis-wiring of the new harness before throwing any more money at it using the 'shotgun' approach.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
so after a complete winter biuld quad is finally back together... only problem is sometimes i have spark for a bit then others i cant get any spark.. quad has not run since the build. my question is if the wire harness is new the cdi is new the starter relay is new the neutral swich is new... what else should i replace...

i just bought a new igntion coil... aftermarket..

thinking of new pickup coil for the stator also... any ideas?
Unplug the voltage regulator and see if the spark remains constant.........

You never mentioned if the bike even runs...............:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unplug the voltage regulator and see if the spark remains constant.........

You never mentioned if the bike even runs...............:)
i dont have spark.... to begin with... and no it has not ran since the 2nd rebiuld.. i did rebiuld the motor last year and it ran then the crank siezed hense the 2nd biuld..

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i dont have spark.... to begin with... and no it has not ran since the 2nd rebiuld.. i did rebiuld the motor last year and it ran then the crank siezed hense the 2nd biuld..
So try unplugging the voltage regulator and see if the spark returns.............:)

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
Are 350's prone to the stator winding short also, Willy?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i unplugged all the connection... and scuffed up the plug to make sure its a good connection...

also got a new ignition coil..

now something odd.. if the quad sits for a minute or so.. and i turn the key to on and i hold the spark plug to a ground i see a quick spark only when the key turns.. not when i hit the start button..

should i invest in a new pick up coil and stator?
the stator and coil and rectifier are original every thing else electrical wise is new last year

any more ideas

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I unplugged the regulator and no spark still

im soooo lost.... And body want to make some money and come fix this

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
Your single spark symptom usually points to a bad stator...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts