Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does unhooking the speed sensor effectively eliminate the ecm from retarding the ignition timing at high rpm?

If this is the case, then I will unplug it. Then I will beat my friend's banshee.
We are neck and neck until I'm near the top of 5th and the quad falls on it's face above 6500 rpm.
If I can eliminate the ignition timing from being reduced at high rpm, then he won't pass me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
250 Posts
It keeps it from retarding the timing in 5th gear only. But yes it does so you should be able to keep it going farther.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you unplug the sensor, would you just have wires hanging? Couldnt you just cut them and jumper them together or something along that matter. I havent looked at unplugging mine yet but I'm going to check it out.

·
Registered
250 Posts
06RAPPY700SE said:
If you unplug the sensor, would you just have wires hanging? Couldnt you just cut them and jumper them together or something along that matter. I havent looked at unplugging mine yet but I'm going to check it out.
Some people have been putting a toggle switch in because you have to reconnect it after a while if you disconnect it because the check engine light kicks on and you have to plug it back in and roll it fwd and back to make it go off. where as if you put a toggle in with a flip of a switch its off and same to turn back on. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
1FastRaptorSE said:
06RAPPY700SE said:
Some people have been putting a toggle switch in because you have to reconnect it after a while if you disconnect it because the check engine light kicks on and you have to plug it back in and roll it fwd and back to make it go off. where as if you put a toggle in with a flip of a switch its off and same to turn back on. :thumbsup:
The light comes on after about 8-10 hours for riding.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts